Is THAT for real ?

Alithinos

:blink:

The game is ending when i get the purifier to work ?

I only started playing it 2 days ago.

That's less than 15 hours of play,with searching around added since it was my first playthrough.

It's actually shorter than even general fps's!

That's the shortest rpg i EVER played.

No Oblivion,no Zelda,no Gothic,not anything was that short.

:mellow:

Thanx God I purchased the GOTY with all the expansions...

:wallbash:

That's less than 15 hours of play,with searching around added since it was my first playthrough.

No, thank modders for adding in an option to continue playing after main quest is over.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=586

You also have the option of just not doing the last main quests, and instead running around to explore and do other quests. But yeah, this was one of the main criticisms that the game received, and probably why there isn't some sort of large expansion released.

No, thank modders for adding in an option to continue playing after main quest is over.

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=586

You also have the option of just not doing the last main quests, and instead running around to explore and do other quests. But yeah, this was one of the main criticisms that the game received, and probably why there isn't some sort of large expansion released.

I will try making a new character and playing side quests,mods and dlc's then.

I was surprised when I realized it.

After I had seen Bethesda's work with Oblivion,I've expected that all of their games would be huge like that.

Seems they like Elder Scrolls more than Fallout eh ?

Yes, the main quest in Fallout 3 is fairly short, and unless you have Broken Steel, the game ends when you finish it (since, after all, you DIE.)

Yes, it sucks that to get the kind of ending that it should have had in the first place, you have to have Broken Steel. Just make sure it's loaded when you play though, and you can finish the main quest as quickly or as slowly as you want.

• 1 month later...
If you have purchased Fallout 3 GOTY edition, you can continue on playing after the main quest, if not then you need the free play after MQ mod. The game does not end that quickly, DLC's also add tons of gameplay. By the way, you don't need to rush and finish the main quest, do some exploration and sub quests. You won't finish the game in less than 2 days that's for sure.

By the way, the game doesn't really end even if you've finished all the DLC's and all the in-game quests. There's plentiful of mods for you to enjoy and try out. You can also involve yourself into the wonderful world of Fallout 3 modding, it is a lot of fun.