Bethesda Forums

Teotzlcoatl

It's the excessive thread locking over there puts me off, it's not unusual to see half the threads on a page locked. When a thread goes off topic a decent moderator will try and get it back on topic or least ask others to do so, over there it just gets locked. The same happens when a thread gets a little lively, instead of intervening just to calm things they lock it. Other threads get locked for no reason I can make out, it become pointless trying to discuss anything over there as a lot of the time the discussion would cut off by a moderator with nothing better to do than go around locking threads.

I've not been banned but I did get my account suspended for criticising the level of hand holding in Oblivion. For a company that says it likes criticism it sure goes out of it's way to make life difficult for those who do say anything.

Note to self: Don't go to Bethesda forums.

Tehcoatzl, would you mind posting a link that shows the moderator giving an explanation of why he banned you? Or do they not do that over there?

Who are the moderators at the Bethesda forums? All I know of is Ratwar.

http://www.bethsoft.com/bgsforums/index.ph...mp;CODE=leaders

No explanation, they just banned me.

I even made another user name, I made no negative comments about Oblivion or anything with the new user named but they banned that one too.

I am now IP blocked from Bethesda forums.

I wouldn't post there... any forums that controls what people can say that much isn't something I want to be part of!

That sucks man :( Reminds me of when I was on an UNOFFICIAL Final Fantasy site and expressed my disgust for Final Fantasy X-2. All I said was "This game is horrible, it wasn't worth buying." I was IP banned within hours :rolleyes: Didn't understand it, and really didn't care, obviously the admin liked that game a lot :closedeyes: But, it's not like I said "That game $%#@#@ sucks!!!" or tried to start a flame war, I was expressing my opinion.

Only visited the official forums once in a while, I like these better.

Welcome here though, we are a lot nicer :P

I do have a question though, why do you hate it so much, other then bugs and the lack of updates its a ok game.

just curious?

I don't even hate it, it's just not as good as Morrowind and Daggerfall and that is basically all I said...

It was NOT some raging dialogue about how much Oblivion sucks...

I'll start a thread.