We're looking for some people.

Pronam

As it's getting near completion, we're looking for some people to test. Argomirr have been working at something for quite some time of which EG-members might know as 'Thingy'.

And alas, we're not talking about anything of Empires Glory..sorry Ancient Aeon ;D.

Some while back Argomirr and I discussed about the fact of efficiently sharing files within a team. An option is to share it using any mega-share sites with links, emailing or simply uploading it in the open like an attachment here. As tesnexus is meant for complete mods/betas or anything that has the status 'fully usuable for a purpose', we sought for another way. Well, we tried pigeons with usb-sticks tied to their feet...but..ah well...

So after a few weeks we finally found the right combination of systems to work with. It'll allow teams to privately share and upload files to a folder, as only the people granted access may view, upload to or download from the folder.

Now, basically we could use the help of anyone capable of holding a mouse and capable of reading, but anyone that fits in the profile and may be in need of such a service would be even more welcome, as in these tests we're actually looking to get the best things together :). Even though we've thought this from EG, we've expanded it a little bit as more might be looking for this.

None the less, we'd also like to have a few people just to test the upload-system. Without any involvement in a team.

What do we actually have? A max of 125mb upload that doesn't involve any admins, larger files would. Now lol, this is far from what else there is, but a lot is still in the working so we couldn't show them to everyone.. Just testers :).

If you have any interest, questions or maybe suggestions already. Go and post ahead!

(I'll extend the amount of information and fix the grammar later, I've got to go for a couple of hours.)

I might be able to help, i have a 10mbit connection and willing to help the EG team, may not be available Friday though. Over the weekend sure thing :thumbsup:

I really would like to help you, but i can only download 60kb/sec, thats my max...

But on monday i can help, cuz then i can download the file in school, if you haven't found any helpers then!

I might be able to help, i have a 10mbit connection and willing to help the EG team, may not be available Friday though. Over the weekend sure thing thumbsup.gif

Awesome. Unless you've got a dial up Monster, it's no problem if you have a lower connection. That might actually prove useful! And great, Thor. Thanks for the offer. It'll be nice to see what the max upload/download it :).

Haha, Ancient Aeon..good pic.

Sounds basic. Count me in if it only requires me to download/upload files and provide you with feedback. I don't have much time however this weekend (I'm gonna see DRI !!!!)