⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Is Daggerfall Fun?

LegoManIAm94

I find Daggerfall to be fun (what little I have played of it), even though I grew up in the "Morrowind" era.

As for the graphics, keep in mind that it is a game from 1996 - that's 14 years ago. Quite an accomplishment, if you think about it. From what I've seen, Daggerfall contains a relatively large area.

Just curious, what do you mean by "Daggerfall is now free"? Is it available for DL at the Bethesda website? If so, I might have to get it. :yes:

I believe it does, but I could be mistaken.

Also, Daggerfall is huge. Take a look at the game map - each little dot on there is an entire city or town or dungeon. The area of Daggerfall is estimated to be about 62,394 square miles (161,600 square kilometers). There are over 15,000 towns, cities and dungeons to explore. I would definately get it. :thumbsup:

Oh, also, keep in mind that you will need DOSBox to play it (which is linked at the official download section of the Elder Scrolls website).

I will try it out then. I did look at a map on UESP and look at all the quests you can do. But what I don't understand is that why isn't it not even close to the size as it was for Morrowind or Oblivion. Even thought I do not mind it the way it was for Morrowind and Oblivion.

You mean in taking up hard-drive space, right?

Oblivion (vanilla) takes up 4 GB of space. That's because everything is so detailed and there are many BSA files that contribute to the gaming experience as a whole. The terrain in Daggerfall is randomly generated, taken from something like 47 tile-sets I believe.

While it may not be as graphical as Oblivion - or even Morrowind, for that matter - I think that there is something that is just... unique about playing older games. :yes:

Oblivion (vanilla) takes up 4 GB of space. That's because everything is so detailed and there are many BSA files that contribute to the gaming experience as a whole. The terrain in Daggerfall is randomly generated, taken from something like 47 tile-sets I believe.

While it may not be as graphical as Oblivion - or even Morrowind, for that matter - I think that there is something that is just... unique about playing older games. :yes:

*sigh*

yep... there is.. there is...

*looks off into space*

i wish those days of gaming were back, but still... i think gaming is better now than it ever was!

at least in some ways, i guess...

you guys remenber playing through fallout and fallout 2 for the firs ttime?

i think the *feel* of games has changed, and in some ways i like that.. they just dont feel..

cozy..

any more!

gone are the days of fallout 1 and 2 and.. well starcraft is still kickin, and so is diablo, i guess!

but there is so much mystery in games when you first play them! and now those games are mapped out 101%

makes me want to cry sometimes, actually..

No I mean the worldspace.