Avatar film protested because of "anti-gay hate-speech"&quot

Retribution

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well i was reading on how they did it, and its quite amazing, ground breaking i say. Real time-person to CGI, amazing.

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol...icle6902917.ece

well i didn't want to start a whole thread about this, so if your interested read on :thumbsup:

Back on subject, its s movie for goodness sake.

Or you could just buy a ticket and not watch the movie.

I still don't understand the "logic" in that

Me too.

Hopes Avatar makes it to DVD ;D
The second highest-grossing film MUST makes to DVD. It will be a waste of money if it's not.

Off Topic :

From the top 25 on this list, the movies I didn't watched are only Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs and Independence Day.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_films

I hope the cows won't stage a protest 'cause I did not see any alien cows in the movie. Or chickens... :rolleyes:

If there are no alien chickens I am not wasting my money!

Or you could just buy a ticket and not watch the movie.

Lol, yeah. I really don't like how they made a mockery of the color blue either. Just disgusting!

SWAT I think you do not really like SF movies, huh? :P

If by SF you mean Science Fiction? I do, I just don't think it gets done very well and maybe I am confused about what exactly Sci Fi is. So Star Trek and Star Wars and Lost in Space would be Sci Fi but Terminator would not?

Anyway my favorite movie of all time is Aliens and I enjoy watching a not to well known movie called Serenity and I love Star Wars, not a big fan of Star Trek although I liked it when William Shatner was the man.

On a side note about the Avatar thing: I can't say that I won't see it, I just have no desire to see it. Not for any special reason other than the fact it never really crossed my mind to go see it.

I went to see The Book of Eli (which Apocalyptic movies have become my new genre) and only made it through the first 20 minutes then had to leave but that was for different reasons.

I just try to be funny and push the funny as far as I can go without infringing on someone else’s feelings. I think a lot of people here are wound very tight whilst at the same time proclaiming others need to care about stuff more. So it is very encouraging when I run across a thread like this where the majority of people responding to it realize the cause for what it is and have fun with it and know that it is just wacky to take a stand like the people from that sight did. It in itself is hate and pushes infringing on peoples rights. What if it bothers people to watch gays and lesbians and Trans on film? There is a difference between being a zealot and being able to speak of something with conviction.

This whole thing goes way beyond just a movie it goes into everything and everyday life. It starts to infringe on the movie makers artistic rights and the developers and producers vision of what is going to be. I think the only reason this is even a question is because the movie is from the US where you can sue any one and if you are part of a minority (or assumed minority) you can whine and coerce your points.

So it will be really awesome (sarcasm) when Hollywood and its actors, producers, filmmakers and crew stop making, filming and producing movies from the US and instead do it from somewhere else. These very same people that bring these ridiculous claims against companies and people and industries are the very same people that are killing America through it. These very same people know better than to bring this crap up in another country because they know their claims will be laughed at and dismissed as childish tantrums.

It always brings me back to something. I don’t really remember the date I think it was sometime in the 70’s or 80’s but it was the last time anyone ever hijacked a plane in Israel. The reason no one hijacks Israeli planes is because when Israel said they do not negotiate with terrorists they meant it and they blew their own plane out of the sky.

To me the people that bring this up are terrorists. Then again that’s a label that can even be applied to Ghandi. And these people definitely are no Ghandis.