FaceGen Exchanger question

Mudblood

I've used the FaceGen Exchanger mod to successfully import a custom face generated with the FaceGen Modeler program, into Fallout 3 to be used for the player character. Is it however, possible to use it to import a custom face to be used for a companion? The idea is to play as myself, and have my girl as my companion. Thank you in advance.

hey I have gone through the same questions and No one would answer this. so you have 2 options thus to my knowledge.

1. there is a Fo3 exchanger that takes the .FG file or face gen file and will convert your facial model to a Hex readout. this is the model perimeters so Y,X,Z of the model so when you load up G.E.C.K you can use these parameters to create your custom Character.

In my Opinion this doesn't work very well and will not fully capture the facial features as I know you would want.

2. this is sort of complicated but it does work giving you a great result. As we Know Oblivion And Fallout 3 are the same Game Engine with Fallout 3 having some small updates.

so 2 ways to do this you can use the Original Face-gen modeler program or there is a mod made specific for Oblivion which is Oblivion Face-Gen Modeler.

Found here

Oblivion Face Gen Modeler

Now Wrye Bash

Wrye Bash multi-Utility

Create your .fg Model file.

then use Wrye Bash to convert the file

it allows you to Place the TNR face over your NPC. use it as you would for Oblivion just put it in Fallout 3.

I hope this helps it works for me Good luck On your task.

I've used the FaceGen Exchanger mod to successfully import a custom face generated with the FaceGen Modeler program, into Fallout 3 to be used for the player character. Is it however, possible to use it to import a custom face to be used for a companion? The idea is to play as myself, and have my girl as my companion. Thank you in advance.

This may be possible with >FaceGen Exchange for FO3Edit< & since it requires >FO3Edit< I give a link to that & a good manual

• 1 year later...

is it possible to inport the face of my fallout 3 player to my fallout newvegas player?

Yes, use the v0_5 version of FaceGen Exchanger to input from your Fallout 3 save and output to your New Vegas save.

um dude i browsed and selected a fallout 3 saved game file and on the transfered it to a fallout nv saved game file with fagen exchanger and it did not work what did i do wrong? D:

Did it give you an error box when trying to transfer or did it seem like it transferred okay, but when you went into the game, nothing had changed? If it's the latter, I find either trying a different save or moving the specific saves I want to use to my Desktop, making the transfer, then putting the new save back into my savegame folder usually gets me the face I want.

Did it give you an error box when trying to transfer or did it seem like it transferred okay, but when you went into the game, nothing had changed? If it's the latter, I find either trying a different save or moving the specific saves I want to use to my Desktop, making the transfer, then putting the new save back into my savegame folder usually gets me the face I want.

it was a error box but i will try to use a diffrent save file i will try later and tell you if it worked thanks for your time :)

it worked : ) thanks a lot! it didnt work for the profile i wanted but it worked! now if i can only get my modded hair into new vegas i would be all set: )