dragon inquisition BAD NEWS!

johnbobthe3rd

My opinions/guesses remain the same -- BioWare would love to see the modding community make some fantastic mods for all their games, but they are not going to devote their programmers' resources to specifically assisting in that effort. They'll leave it to DICE to create a "FrostBite Toolset", (if that's ever to happen.)

As I've said before, I expect to see a few appearance mods fairly early, and little else for quite a while.

Well...

My opinion about what will happen with mods for DA:I is expressed in the second post to this topic.

My opinion about what BioWare think of mods in general is expressed in the seventh.

My opinion about what BioWare think of full full add-on adventures like these:

Alley of Murders

Baldurs Gate II Redux - Module 1 Irenicus' Dungeon

Dragon Age Dark Times ACT I

Fragments of Ferelden

Pints and Quarts Tavern

Thirst

Swamp Tower Adventure

The Carrion Birds - Quest

THE ISLE OF BROKEN DREAMS

Kal Sharok

Rose of Eternity - Family and Country

Dragon Age Uprising Act I

Trouble in Rainesfere

And many, many more...

is that the developers of DA:I would be absolutely delighted if anyone were able to create something like that.

As I said, every BioWare person I've spoken with or seen comment in public has been supportive of mods and modders, but a DA:I Toolset just isn't on on their to-do list. And the last time anyone from DICE said anything about the subject was over three years ago, and then it was only a "Maybe someday..."

Good to know. Thanks Thandal.

• 1 month later...

My opinions/guesses remain the same -- BioWare would love to see the modding community make some fantastic mods for all their games, but they are not going to devote their programmers' resources to specifically assisting in that effort. They'll leave it to DICE to create a "FrostBite Toolset", (if that's ever to happen.)

As I've said before, I expect to see a few appearance mods fairly early, and little else for quite a while.

hehehe it seems no one expected our tools heh ? Well it helps we got the guys who did Mass Effect3 ME3xplorer and the guy who did Bioshock and Skyrim mods to help :wink:

Check us out

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonageinquisition/mods/37/?

Oh, I expected it. And thanks for all the effort the DAI Tools Team is expending!

And so, over a month after release, we have mesh and texture replacement mods, and a way to inject different values for settings into the running game.

I'm not complaining. I'm grateful. Makes me hopeful for the future! :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Thadal,

Thank you for your mods and all of you other great modders who post on this website giving other modders a place to show their work. If ever there is a petition to DICE, send me a mssg. They may see mods as a detractor from our buying new games. Considering how few games are out there that have female leads? Are they serious? Mods are the incentive I need to buy the comp version of the game. That and being able to read what the screen has printed on it without having to walk up to the screen. Which is 32 inches. I haven't been able to fix the resolution problems yet.

Will there be a DA:Inquisition forum at this site soon? I bought the Prima guide but it doesn't fix the bugs in PS3. I was so leery of how the game would play after DA:2, I bought the console one. That already has frozen three times. The game is a big improvement over the last one. Some things about it I already don't like. Not being able to switch weapons ...(when did I decide playing a rogue is even worthwhile? ....)

Female romance choices ....ugh....wasn't Cullen gay in Origins or at least bi? Basically, Alistair, without the naive sense of humor. If not for Dorian, I don't know how I would survive the hours needed to get through the Inquisition. The female characters are interesting. All hard edged I noticed. Even Leliana has grown weary with age it seems. No longer the happy go lucky young woman she use to be. Otherwise I am finding it to be a good story plot. If I can make the things I am suppose to be finding, found.

The game visually is stunning. I didn't even mind being lost in the fade this time. Skip the fade is still one of my favorite mods I found at this site.

I loved all the areas modders created for DA:O. You turned Origins into a game of epic proportions. So many fixes that made a lot of sense. Like storage. So far, no where to stash stuff I can't use because of level that do not make sense to sell. No dresses. Going to the ball has never been ...so...masculine. Well, there was Star Trek Voyage. Just that my character is stuck wearing what looks like mattress padding a lot of time in Inquisition.

We cannot sit down either. We are given this great room in Skyhold. We can even dress it up so it looks real nice. Can't sit in your chair. I presume the two balconies are for ending your game early when you just cannot figure out why everyone else in the game can do this but your character cannot? Playing My Sims with my grandkids and you can sit and sleep in the kiddie games. .:( It would be nice to be able to "rest" in your own room and magnificent bed. :)

I read females were on the design team? There are just times, like when your two warriors run out to commit suicide when faced with a dragon. "Oh, look! A dragon. Can we fight the dragon? I'm going to fight a dragon! So I can be slashed dead in ten seconds." At least Bull's head would look good on the mantlepiece in my bedroom.

Designers at BIoware still do not understand why many of us found the Ser Gilmore mod a lifesaver? All we can do is post our opinions. We cannot seem to get the writers to listen. They have to have female issues. The most interesting male in the game? Gay. Looks like one of my brothers. They are also throwing a lot of DA:2 dialog into this game. Only here, with mods, can we play pretend that it never happened. More than half of the character dialog is review.

Maybe they will make a version for those of us who already know the whole background? Probably not. With limited character dialog it makes conversations, which can no longer be engaged in on the playing field. A chore. I only use them to win favor but I always dread having to constantly ask questions I already know the answers to.

Okay, I ranted more then some. I cannot help but hold DA to a higher standard. I own three copies of DA:O, due to upgrades and game sharing because of this forum. Thank you for making it the best DAD game currant. After Inquisition I really have to go back to Baulder's Gate and Neverwinter's Night 1. I never modded those games because they were amazing all by themselves. They went crazy with new extenstions and I couldnt wait to buy them because they were good stories.

In my make-believe world, EA would pay the modders here for the popular mods and sell them. Or allow you to license them so modders can sell their work. They sell the right to other forms of merchandising? Sadly, I was disappointed this holiday season that Bioware didn't come out with some nice clothing options to promote their game and show off some of the fantastic art design I know they pay a lot to acquire for their games.

Why shouldn't EA/Bioware branch out if means more business for everyone? Bioware learn to work with independent designers. If they feel modders are so popular? I won't buy a game just because I finished the one I was playing. I'll keep buying mods if I like them though to games I like playing. Often we hear that companies grow bored with their games. They want to make something else. Okay. But if the game is good. It has to be something I really want to spend the time playing out. I feel sites like this one is where sucessful designers are born and can get creative. In a more productive world it would be. :)