Why is skimpy armor so popular?

Deleted4169574User

The people in Skyrim fall too well inside the Uncanny Valley for me, even with the high quality body replacers here on the Nexus, for me to have any kind of prurient reaction to them.

So true. I find the uncanny valley effect gets even worse when you use those perfect face mods-- then the NPCs all look like bratz dolls, and it's just really creepy.

well first you get the mod that changes their blocky body, then you get a problem with their blocky faces so you change that too, then you get a problem with the seemingly boring outfit and you end up bumping the PG rating

To be fair, the first skimpy armor mod on the top 100 is at position #63. So sure, skimpy armor is popular, but not THAT popular in comparison to other top mods. But I know what you're saying - all the skimpy armors on the hot files tend to give us a skewed perception of what mods are really popular and what aren't.

(This is assuming that the top nude mods don't come with a skimpy armor replacer. I haven't been keeping track.)

EDIT: To answer OP's question, I think people download things they like. And apparently they like mildly interactive hot characters.

What is interesting is that none of these fap bodies look at all realistic. I've been looking for one to use in an armor mod (not skimpy) and they ALL look like sex dolls. I'll have to subsurf the vanilla one and go from there.

You'd think someone would actually care about just realism considering all the HD versions of esoteric items in the hotfiles but nope.

the body mods seem to reflect the author's idea of a IDEAL body, albeit not realistic. we can want some, but wish others, kinda like that i guess

and no some people do have such bodies; they're always on tv only thats why. if reflecting reality, there would be chubby ppl, skinny ppl, all sorts, but with a limited weight slider that's kinda hard to reflect.

and also, it's a game. it lets you look or see or become something that you could but is too hard/impossible in real life. satisfaction's sake it seems then

What is interesting is that none of these fap bodies look at all realistic. I've been looking for one to use in an armor mod (not skimpy) and they ALL look like sex dolls. I'll have to subsurf the vanilla one and go from there.

You'd think someone would actually care about just realism considering all the HD versions of esoteric items in the hotfiles but nope.

Check spoiler in my previous post on first page. Barbarian and Milk Drinker replacers are pretty good, with muscles and detailed veins.

My girlfriend uses these kinda mods to spice things up and change the butt ugliness of skyrim. She loves the mix and match clothing mods as well. She runs around fields picking alchemy ingredients and making potions and selling them to random people.

She could care less about being the dragonborn or combat.

This is a different playstyle than anyone ever intended for skyrim, but hey she enjoys it, along with her skimpy armor mods to pretty the outfits up.

Mods are popular sometimes just because they offer something very different than the original experience and are more novel from that fact alone.

Just trying to say these mods draw more interest outside of the boobs crowd, where you might not expect. Me? I like boobs.