~URGENT 2014~ Fallout 3 Mod requests, BF4 like textures, Better RENDERING and Loading in game! & MORE

CraftKid

I have a few requests and questions if you have 5 mins :smile:

can you make a mod that has existing areas around the area your in pre-loaded?

so loading screens dont have to work so hard and take so long?

i mean if im in megaton theres 1 exist? to the outside = the outside area around megaton would be preloaded but in a way that wont be laggish?

if its not possible then i understand.

is it possible to have a mod that makes the fallout game engine run more like the skyrims engine and more fluently?

can you make a port of ALL the fallout New Vegas DLC Maps and guns and most of the quests for fallout 3? :smile:

i have seen quite a few fallout new vegas weapon ports but are incomplete and abandoned long ago having a newish map even without quests and new NPCS would be great :smile:

can you make a "raider/ invasion mod"

raiders will discuss areas that that raider group should attack or will set up ambushes on small towns or citys?

^invasion mod could work for enclave, bos and muties and more? maybe :D^

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel (the game):

weapons and monsters port (not really a port but replication)

can you combine or make a better verison of:

Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics Weapons, monsters and chems port

similar to these mods but more complete and compatible?

(links here)

http://www.nexusmods...out3/mods/310/?

http://www.nexusmods...ut3/mods/8834/?

http://www.nexusmods...ut3/mods/4656/?

theres a few other random ones with werid names that are semi ports of these games/ replications but non are complete and i doubt any will be so picking them up and combining them and fine tunning them would make it more easier to find and less mods and more comparability and a full full replication :D

im aware of UHQ and NMC's HD fallout 3 textures but it still seems like skyrim landscape or Bf4 looks so much more clearer even on max ultra settings and great graphic cards

is it UHQ and NMC that arent as HD as bf4 or skyrim or is it just the ultra settings cant go high enough to process them or has nobody really made textures that are hd enough to be on par ?

do you no of any good terraforming fallout 3 landscape mod that makes fallout 3's map resemble the real loncation better and more realistic rocks and terrain thats not so static and makes it more dynamic?

can you make a fallout 3 port/ for this mod

http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/41361/?

can you make a port for this mods textures

http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/34702/?

and make it work with

http://www.nexusmods...ut3/mods/4280/?

and make sure the neck / area blends well with the project beauty mod.

make a port or verison for this mod in fallout 3

http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/42666/?

make a mod that adds the fallout new vegas companion wheel to fallout 3 and make sure it still is compatible with all major companion mods

sorry for so many questions :sad:

i hope that im not asking to much its just new vegas makes me jelly in mods

Edited by CraftKid

can you make a mod that has existing areas around the area your in pre-loaded?

You don't need a mod for this. Try out Fallout Configator and look at the stuff related to preloading, loading in the background, cells, and Grids loaded. Please read all of the warnings and instructions as they are presented to you.

Unfortunately that's actually as good as it gets. Even on a good gaming system, that's all you can pull out of it in terms of how much information you can preload.

is it possible to have a mod that makes the fallout game engine run more like the skyrims engine and more fluently?

You're talking about engine-level changes. There's no way a mod can do that fluently. You're basically going to have to do a massive overhaul that is essentially an emulator, where most systems of the newer and more powerful engine used by Skyrim will have to be copied crudely just to make them fit into the older and weaker engine used by Fallout 3.

can you make a port of ALL the fallout New Vegas DLC Maps and guns and most of the quests for fallout 3?

Yes but it's illegal to distribute them. You need to own FNV and all the DLC's. If you do, try googling for Tale of Two Wastelands. Good luck.

can you make a "raider/ invasion mod"

This is possible and there are a few mods that do this already. I can't remember the name off the top of my head, but there were mods that added a bunch of raiders and occasionally made them travel the roads. They sometimes tried to attack towns like Megaton.

Fallout Brotherhood of Steel (the game):

weapons and monsters port (not really a port but replication)

If you haven't seen any you like by searching for them, they probably haven't been made yet. Unfortunately, textures and models are outside of my realm of expertise with modding, and it's one of the rarest specialties for modders and hardest to get into.

can you combine or make a better verison of:

Fallout 1 and Fallout 2 and Fallout Tactics Weapons, monsters and chems port

similar to these mods but more complete and compatible?

No comment for now.

im aware of UHQ and NMC's HD fallout 3 textures but it still seems like skyrim landscape or Bf4 looks so much more clearer even on max ultra settings and great graphic cards

is it UHQ and NMC that arent as HD as bf4 or skyrim or is it just the ultra settings cant go high enough to process them or has nobody really made textures that are hd enough to be on par ?

It's actually neither. The FO3 HD mods go as high as 8192x8192, which is friggen huge, at least as far as computers are concerned.

The size/resolution of these images certainly are ultra HD, but the question is, how good is the quality of the source image? That's what really determines the beauty of the textures in games when all of them are at 4096x4096 or 8192x8192.

can you make a fallout 3 port/ for this mod

http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/41361/?

Should be possible but I have never ported a monster mod before. Let's just say theoretically yes it's possible.

can you make a port for this mods textures

http://www.nexusmods...as/mods/34702/?

and make it work with

http://www.nexusmods...ut3/mods/4280/?

and make sure the neck / area blends well with the project beauty mod.

You need somebody who knows what they're doing for that. But technically yes it's possible.

make a port or verison for this mod in fallout 3

http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/42666/?

Why not use the official FO3 version?

make a mod that adds the fallout new vegas companion wheel to fallout 3 and make sure it still is compatible with all major companion mods

I'm pretty sure FO3 had its own companion wheel mod but I can't seem to find it now.

While a lot of these are not really difficult to people who know what they're doing, why not take this opportunity to introduce yourself to the world of actual modding? A lot of us started out this way too. We saw something we liked or wanted to change in the game, and then we read the documentation and tutorials on it (thank you Google), and tried to learn how to do it ourselves. Eventually we figured it out, often with the help of other modders who also figured it out a similar way.

Edited by HosokawaTakuya

1st thanks for the reply <3

also your 1st reply in reply to that.

the reason i asked about render or loading screens is because in "minecraft" just last month they added "preloading rendering" and the game preloaded entities and landscape schematics before loading and helps alot in fps and lag and even this addon for minecraft tracks and followers which "chunks" the player is in to figure out which direction they are heading and which chunks to preload and render.

but then again idk how much java is even in fallout 3 and how much diffrent it is or if fallout loads in "chunks" or sections or what

2nd

i may try some modding but if its as difficult as it is in minecraft then i will most likly give up :(

my main problem is my game freezing while in loading screens and or fast travel MOSTLY 99% only fast traveling and its not any mod conflicts i can wonder the wastes for 20 hrs real life and not have 1 bug its just loading screens

thats why i asked about better game rendering or engine anyways ill look around theres a mod in fallout 3 section called NV weapons adds all nv areas and etc.

i tryed TTW (tale of two wastelands but most fallout 3 mods dont work for that and many new vegas mods dont work let alone i really hope i didnt just spend 58 hours getting every fallout 3 mod(570 mods and its not every mod but alot of configing and testing) for a good survival series just to change my mind and download TTW and only get 60 mods :/

Loading screens could be an issue with resource management. If you're using HD textures that's bound to happen.

Taking care of your PC helps, particularly disk defragmentation if you're using a normal HDD (not SSD). Also make sure the same HDD isn't being used for anything else like downloading mods or other games while you're playing. Those can slow the loading process down a bit too.

Other than that, it's the price you pay for HD textures.

Loading screens could be an issue with resource management. If you're using HD textures that's bound to happen.

Taking care of your PC helps, particularly disk defragmentation if you're using a normal HDD (not SSD). Also make sure the same HDD isn't being used for anything else like downloading mods or other games while you're playing. Those can slow the loading process down a bit too.

Other than that, it's the price you pay for HD textures.

yes but its set on medium hd tho? :/

Those "medium" and "ultra" settings nonsense mean nothing once you touch the game with mods. They just tell the game to load its own default textures and other settings that match what you pick, including the ones that you can tweak with Fallout Configator.

Once you touch the game with mods, the mods override that. So 4096x4096 will always be 4096x4096 regardless of what your other settings are, regardless of what your system specs are, regardless of what you want the game to do with 4096x4096 afterwards. That's what you downloaded and installed, that's what you get. So it comes bundled together with the loading time it takes for all of the 4096x4096 textures into video memory from the HDD to display it.

• 5 months later...

Those "medium" and "ultra" settings nonsense mean nothing once you touch the game with mods. They just tell the game to load its own default textures and other settings that match what you pick, including the ones that you can tweak with Fallout Configator.

Once you touch the game with mods, the mods override that. So 4096x4096 will always be 4096x4096 regardless of what your other settings are, regardless of what your system specs are, regardless of what you want the game to do with 4096x4096 afterwards. That's what you downloaded and installed, that's what you get. So it comes bundled together with the loading time it takes for all of the 4096x4096 textures into video memory from the HDD to display it.

by chance are you a modder because i have another question for you aswell.