Inventory Script

zanza125

I'm looking for a script to be made.

It would essentially save all of your items, weapons, armor, etc. into a text file.

Then you could just "bat ____" and have your items duplicated essentially.

Such as: I have a Chinese Pistol, and Brotherhood Power Armor.

I would run the script, and get a text file.

Then I would run the text file, and it would add the another set of the Chinese Pistol and Brotherhood Power Armor.

The items would be put in the text file as, "player.additem ######## #,###" format.

I'm not sure if its been done before, but I couldn't find it if it was.

Yeah, "a script to backup your inventory, so you could later delete your complete inventory and resotre to this point"

I'd like to be able to restore my inventory to the point that it was saved at. Hopefully as a text file that can be ran in the game, so I could use it on any save file.

If scripting can generate a text file, it should be possible. The question is, "can scripting generate a text file?"

According to http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Console_commands the scof command can write the output of the console to a specified file. This, combined with the FOSE command "PrintToConsole" opens up some possibilities.

While I do have programming experience, unfortunately for you, I don't know the first thing about Fallout scripting.

If scripting can generate a text file, it should be possible. The question is, "can scripting generate a text file?"

According to http://fallout.wikia.com/wiki/Console_commands the scof command can write the output of the console to a specified file. This, combined with the FOSE command "PrintToConsole" opens up some possibilities.

SCOF is console-only and won't compile in a script. Good thinking, though.

SetConsoleOuputFile (not the misspelling) is the only current way in which a text file can be created via scripting or console use. This means that it's currently impossible to create a script to do what you want, but a batch file wouldn't be too much to ask - just record the output of ShowInventory.

The output file would have to be edited before it could be used as a bat file, however.

Cipscis