Anyone else really hyped for Mass Effect 2?

Retribution

Why did you order it, though? Couldn't you pick it up at Wal-Mart, or Gamestop, or somewhere else?

I have only pre-ordered 2 games before. Doom3 and this one (ME2). I pre-ordered this one simply because if you pre-order, you get a unique armor and weapon. I was going to buy this game anyway at some point so I figured I would do a fire-n-forget. I probably would not have caught that it had shipping issues if it were not for this thread reminding me to go check on it. (thanks guys)

As for the length of the game? Yes, you can blow through just about any game out there (especially some of the very best) but it is obvious that you should do the side quests BEFORE completing the main quest...which helps your character grow stronger.

I mentioned earlier that there was one particular thing that bugged me about ME1 but I forgot to also mention the planet explorations. Some are fun but the ones where you have to negotiate around terrain that is nothing more than a grid with single verticies pulled very high all over the place just to make it difficult to travel over is somewhat irritating after the 3rd or 4th time on such a surface. It seemed like they had two different people making landscapes because some are extremely well-designed and others seem like a newbie put it together. ** shrug **

As I said, this is one of the few games that I have completed but I think this and KOTOR are the only titles that I have completed over-and-over again. I have probably played each KOTOR game about 3 or 4 times through and ME1 at least 4 times through.

LHammonds

dude, the whole game on insane, including ALL side quests, getting every piece of armor and every upgrade (no guide btw) only took me 12 hours. i think the actual time was something like 11 hours 45 minutes.

the lack of content in this game is rediculous. it was an insult for them to have tried to charge $60 for this game. it feels like they spent two weeks developing the game.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just great, I got an email from Amazon saying there was a crediting error. I should have spelled out "RD" in my address as "Road" because the CC company declined it stating it was not the correct address. A "lol" seems appropriate here but I'm not really laughing...although all you guys might.

They ALMOST canceled the order on me, thus losing my freebie armor/weapon for pre-ordering!

Who knows when it will arrive at my house now. :(

LHammonds

You are lucky that Amazon called you at all. Happened to me once and guess what, yeah they sent me a letter :blink:

Don't they have GameStop or Best Buy where you live? They pre-order as well.

It had nothing to do with Amazon really, the verification is done at the credit card company and the storefronts are just passing along what you type. When I configured my credit card, I gave them the address with "Road" spelled out...which means I have to use the same spelling everywhere I go. The problem is that I have another credit card where I setup the address with "RD" and I sometimes get confused which one to use. :) So it is all my fault actually. I really need to update the "RD" card to be spelled out as well.

Now, back to ME2, I have been hearing about all kinds of problems redeeming the pre-release codes.

Here is an article that covers the details on how to do it correctly since it is not as simple as typing it in the game....you have to create a bioware account that is associated to your gamertag used on your XBOX 360. ARGGG!!! I have never had my XBOX hooked up to the Internet (which means I be outta luck for the add-on...oh well).

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/103/index/778857

LHammonds

You're not getting it for the PC?

Nope. Even though I now have a PC that can easily handle the requirements, I chose the 360 for this particular game.

Why?

- Because I cannot watch any of my kids in my office.

- It is VERY rare that I actually get time to myself to sit at my computer (and not work).

- If I can play a game on the 360 in front of (or with) the kids, I will buy the game for that platform.

- When I play this game at bedtime, the kids are interested enough to sit still to watch it but boring enough to fall asleep (a VERY rare balance no other game does that I have).

- A 360 game is portable...meaning my friends and family can borrow it when I am not playing it.

- I have no plans to mod this game.

LHammonds