Signs you've played too much Fallout 3

SATMA

You associate certain songs with FO3, also known as the GTA effect.

Iii dont want to set the wooorld on fiiiirrreee...

I think that particular song's been in a few Fallout games. ;)

I was watching a movie a few nights ago. It had Liam Neeson in it.

...I kept expecting him to just up and say, "welp, yer on yer own kid, I'm going to go chase after my dream from before you were born."

(suddenly realizing I'm not in the spoilers forum, I changed it a bit. :whistling:)

And in another movie I could swear they had "Maybe" playing, or at least a song by the same singer. "Hey! It's that song from Fallout!"

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You associate certain songs with FO3, also known as the GTA effect.

Iii dont want to set the wooorld on fiiiirrreee...

I think that particular song's been in a few Fallout games. ;)

I was watching a movie a few nights ago. It had Liam Neeson in it.

...I kept expecting him to just up and say, "welp, yer on yer own kid, I'm going to go chase after my dream from before you were born."

(suddenly realizing I'm not in the spoilers forum, I changed it a bit. :whistling:)

And in another movie I could swear they had "Maybe" playing, or at least a song by the same singer. "Hey! It's that song from Fallout!"

That's actually a really scary part. I have experienced the same thing.

Hmmmm, interesting topic, especially that 1 reply, that was a bit scary... My first sign was when I went to the movie theaters on halloween, and the ticket guy was dressed as a BoS soldier. His costume was made from scratch by him. It was really good though. And the sign that I had been playing to much Fallout 3 is when I looked at my play time and saw 200+ hours... that's like a week worth of non stop playing

Signs you've played FO3 too much:

1. Practice tossing pineapples (Nuka grenades) over the neighbors fence because you think they are Raiders.

2. Save all the bottle caps from sodas and beers in the belief the caps will become the next form of currency.

3. Sit in the park and judge who would make a good companion, raider or BoS candidate.

4. Give bottle caps to the Hare Krishnas.

5. Address police as Regulators.

6. See a scorpion in the dessert and immediately look around for the irradiated mother.

7. See a body builder and think the first phase of mutation has begun.

8. You think Mountain Dew Voltage is Nuka-Cola Quantum and can't get enough of it!

Once upon a time i cleaned up a bit and found three Bottlecaps in a Drawer. Maybe someone stashed them there...

I actually built my own Waterpurifier with a pump and a coal filter. These things are actually for sale just about everywhere; the carbon will bind itself onto just about anything, filtering it out of the Water.

I don't know what the Fuss is all about in the Main quest. Every Chemist can list you several Elements that will react with any radioactive Element or Compound in the World. Then you could choose if you'd make this and that radioactive Stuff in the Water react with this and that, changing its properties, preferably in a way that makes it easy enough to get it out of the Water.

If you don't have a Chemist with you, just boil the Water, catch the Steam and let that condense. Everything that is not H²O will be at the Bottom of the vessel you used to boil the Water. Easy, but it requires a huge amount of Energy.

When i was cleaning up the other day, i found quite a bit of Scrap metal and for a Moment i was thinking if i'd take that to megaton for Caps or if i'd rather have some Radaway for that...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...