Confused about NMM with Steam Workshop

LordInquisitor117

I just downloaded Skyrim on Steam, and have downloaded several mods using NMM. But whenever I launch the game (either from NMM, SKSE, or Steam) none of my mods load.

So I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong.
I installed NMM in a C:/Games folder, but Skyrim is still in its original Steam folder. Is that what's causing my problem? I have a dickload of other Steam games, so I don't really want to have to reinstall Steam and all that.

I always download mods manually to my backup folder and then install with NMM

Mods > Add Mod from File > Activate Selected File

My path settings:

NMM Settings > Skyrim >

Mod Directory

E:\Nexus NMM\SkyrimMods

Skyrim Directory

C:\Programs\Steam\steamapps\common\Skyrim

Edited by BlackRoseOfThorns

You haven't activated them yet. There is a button on the left with a green arrow. If you hover your mouse over it, it will say "activate" or possibly "install." Select a mod and click the button to move the mod to your data folder. Edited by lofgren

What do you mean by activating the mods? In NMM, all of the mods have red Xs next to them but I can't tell what that means.

Is there any way to move Steam game files to a new folder?

If it has red x it means it's on the NMM list, but not active. As lofgren said look for icon on the left. It's the second blue puzzle with green arrow. Select the mod from your list and press it. If your install path in settings is the same as your skyrim folder (you can correct it manually) everything should work now. Remember to take care of your load order for .esp compatibility.

I'm not sure if you can move already existing game with steam, however you can provide different folder directory when installing your games.

Shortcut to activating a mod in NMM - click on the mod name.

When the mod is activated it will have a green check instead of a red x on the MODs page.