FOMM Warning

staticnoise

it says..

"WARNING: This plugin has the file extension .esp, but its file header marks it as an esm!"

ok so i was having CTD on save problems...i looked around and saw info on esm's need to go up top...fixed up my load order and havent had any problems....then it happened again...does this include these types? showing as eps's but the warning says they are marked as esm's?

and please...im not blind i have seen countless suggestions to get FO3 edit....well i tryed and after downloading it wont upzip....tons of mods i can unzip but i cant unzip that one...so if your gonna say FO3 edit please include how im supposed ta use it or rather unzip it :)

First off, that .ESP - .ESM warning isn't really something to worry about (probably like that for navmeshing or NPC purposes), just note that it wont be able to be modified by GECK in that state.

I noticed that FO3Edit comes in ".7Z" filetype >7-Zip< should be what you need.

awesome thanks good to know

and the other....i will give that a try...though the winzip i have says its opens those kinda files...well i thought it did....does this other one open everything else too? i dont want 50 different programs cluttering up my pc lmao....mainy being i dont know squat for comupters and when one program is set up for default (unzipping in this case) i can get lost and confused like a blind man inna dark room lookin for a cat thats not there

7-Zip handles a lot of formats.

Compression + Decompression: 7z, ZIP, GZIP, BZIP2 and TAR

Decompression: ARJ, CAB, CHM, CPIO, DEB, DMG, HFS, ISO, LZH, LZMA, MSI, NSIS, RAR, RPM, UDF, WIM, XAR and Z

I'm always surprised that people actually buy WinZip. Ever since Windows XP, zip format is handled out of box in Explorer.

i didn't buy anything :) anyway lol

i got FO3 edit...Dl'ed...installed just like it said to...and i don't think its working...and i saw someone posted it was awesome for noobs...well the manual is confusing right from tha start....i mean it looks like i could understand it....but when mine boots up and get to tha finish that it shows in the pics...finished booting indicated by blah blah....well i see that....but from the looks of it its not loaded right or something.....it only showed one of my mods in the first box and not all....it errors on that mod and then finishes bootin up or whatever.....and there is nothing on tha left....just a list on tha right.....and if tha maual was good for noobs it would say something like....if your thingy looks like this you did it wrong here is how to fix....but as it stands....mine does diddly and i dont know how to fix it :D

anyone able ta help?

I had a problem when a Mod esm placed itself above Fallout 3 in the list and Fo3Edit would not show the list and wouldn’t work.

i dont have anything above fallout 3 in tha list except that cross mod data thing...and i was pretty sure it said it HAD to be above?

please excuse my confusion