Disable "Friendly Fire" mod..

Trueblue1878

It must be possible.. I am tired of friendly fire in this game. It was a mistake to put it in, with so many AOE spells and we cant use them.

It would be fine if the AI wasnt so damn stupid but they dont seem to care if they are running into a Blizzard in order to attack something while they are low on health but if you set them to Cautious they dont chase enough argh.. and the way they cone of cold 1 mob and hit the entire party! Yet the warrior/rogue AOE abilities dont harm anyone. Also when you are defending friendly allies like the Dwarf soldiers and AOE kills them.. its just ridiculous because its impossible to heal them all and I like to keep them alive for RP sake.

Overall its just a bad idea to put friendly fire in a game like this, the same as its a bad idea to put random loot drops on bosses when most people only play through once.

Its not needed and it doesnt add anymore fun to the game in my oppinion, just makes it irritating. When you're lvl 15+ you have had your fair share of 1 on 1 battles and it just gets boring having to manually pick off each mob when you have all these cool AOE spells waiting there.

I know in easy mode there is no FF but easy mode is a joke.. Id like to play on normal-hard mode without FF.

I know a lot of people will disagree but I personally think it sucks and I dont want to start a big debate off about it.

All I am asking is can anyone PLEASE make this happen? I will paypal you a donation..

Thanks!

1: Playing on easy is too easy!

2: Using non FF spells completely goes against the idea of what im asking for..

3: Aiming isnt the problem, if you dont have a melee to tank the mobs then they run to you, unfortunately this makes the tank and any other melee get hit as well.

4: Big AOE is part of the game, if they didnt want use to use it why put it there.. seriously!

5: Again holding position is brilliant but as soon as the mobs see you they will run to the mage and out of the AOE so you need a tank to keep the mobs in the AOE.

All I want to hear from people is whether or not they or someone can make the mod!

But thanks anyway :)

However, your post did give me an idea..

What if there was a mod that makes the "Easy mode" equivilant to Hard mode for everything except the FF differences?

- Play on easy.

- Use non-FF aoe spells.

- Learn to Aim.

- Don't put big aoe of doom to be used through tactics.

- Hold position.

Thank you!!!

It works great, just need to cast a buff before a battle.. I also like how this mod keeps FF in the game but in a more interesting and managable way. The friendlies are shielded from AOE but at the cost of the casters mana.. A genius solution to a very awkward problem. I'll be sure to endorse the author. :)

Kudos to you!

there was a mod that did something for friendly fire. i haven't tested it but it might be useful...

spell shaping