Oscuro working on Fallout New Vegas!

DirTek

This is awesome!!! I wish him well, he deserves it a thousand times over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff, now he can tell us what tey're up to

Kidding, probably has to sign a contract saying he won't say anything

You guys DO realize that Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment are two totally different gaming companies right?

So... I believe that Fallout New Vegas is going to be different than Fallout 3 in terms of Game Engine.

Bethesda probably has total copyright control over the source code of their game engine, and plus, Obsidian Entertainment were the ones who made Neverwinter Nights 2, which basically was more epic than Neverwinter Nights 1 in terms of Game Engine, Graphics and Storyline. Obsidian rewrote the Aurora engine from NWN 1 to make the Electron Engine for NWN 2.

Does anyone even know the name of the Game Engine that Oblivion and Fallout 3 use? Because I have no idea...

And... here is a little tidbit. Obsidian are the ones DEVELOPING Fallout New Vegas where as Bethesda is the ones PUBLISHING it... so don't go criticizing me for my pointing out of this.

You guys DO realize that Bethesda Softworks and Obsidian Entertainment are two totally different gaming companies right?

Yes, that is correct

So... I believe that Fallout New Vegas is going to be different than Fallout 3 in terms of Game Engine.

It may be an upgraded version but it will be very related to the to Oblivion/Fallout3 engine

Bethesda probably has total copyright control over the source code of their game engine, and plus, Obsidian Entertainment were the ones who made Neverwinter Nights 2, which basically was more epic than Neverwinter Nights 1 in terms of Game Engine, Graphics and Storyline. Obsidian rewrote the Aurora engine from NWN 1 to make the Electron Engine for NWN 2.

Actually, I seriously doubt that Beth has that kind of control

Does anyone even know the name of the Game Engine that Oblivion and Fallout 3 use? Because I have no idea...

It's called Gamebryo & it's by Emergent

And... here is a little tidbit. Obsidian are the ones DEVELOPING Fallout New Vegas where as Bethesda is the ones PUBLISHING it... so don't go criticizing me for my pointing out of this.

I wouldn't criticize ya' for stating a simple fact :happy:

Yes, that is correct

It may be an upgraded version but it will be very related to the to Oblivion/Fallout3 engine

Actually, I seriously doubt that Beth has that kind of control

It's called Gamebryo & it's by Emergent

I wouldn't criticize ya' for stating a simple fact :happy:

DAMN YOU IRONY!

I told you NOT to criticise me... now I must get revenge... =w=

Actually... I would laugh if somehow they made a game that was a fusion between Fallout 3 and Oblivion... the Lone Wanderer who can cast spells or shoots explosive fireball from his guns or lightning bolts or summon monsters. Although I have only played Oblivion not Fallout 3...

This is awesome!!! I wish him well, he deserves it a thousand times over!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good stuff, now he can tell us what tey're up to

Kidding, probably has to sign a contract saying he won't say anything

Wikipedia says that it's going to use gamebryo, but I couldn't find any other source so take it with a grain of salt. And considering it's only been two years since fallout 3, I would be very surprised if they're using a new engine.

And hiring Oscuro is awesome. It's really great when a game responds to the modding community. Or integrates it. Did anyone notice that there are going to be Weapon Mod Kits in New Vegas? :wub:

Wikipedia says that it's going to use gamebryo, but I couldn't find any other source so take it with a grain of salt. And considering it's only been two years since fallout 3, I would be very surprised if they're using a new engine.

One thing that let's me know Obsidian is using Gamebryo is this page >Obsidian Entertainment is Looking for YOU!< they want people with G.E.C.K. experience.

And hiring Oscuro is awesome. It's really great when a game responds to the modding community. Or integrates it. Did anyone notice that there are going to be Weapon Mod Kits in New Vegas? :wub:

It is good that Oscuro became a part of the industry that he was already supporting.

Yes, WMK seems to be built in, but will Antistar get acknowledged for the idea?

Yes, WMK seems to be built in, but will Antistar get acknowledged for the idea?

An interesting situation. Although I'm sure they could get away without doing so, I hope Obsidian thanks/acknowledges Antistar in some way. An NPC named after him would certainly be cool. Anyways, I have no doubt that NV's weapon mods won't be nearly as diverse as Antistar's, and he'll have the opportunity to spice them up.