Perk overhauls that don't need patches for armors/weapons/etc?

ArtMurder

So I am looking to add in more fun and content to skyrim, but not looking to cause tons of conflicts and need a million patches. I am looking for some very simple perk mods, either a group of them I can put together, or combined package, that do not requires patches for every perk/armor/npc/spell I add.

I have already tried SkyRe, Requiem, and am not interested in those, I have also looked at SPERG, but sense it seems to require patches as well I am weary of it...

Compatibility is very important is basically what i am saying. xD

You're pretty unlikely to find that. I'm sorry, but it's just not how it works with mods like those.

The patches are for compatibility - it's not just these mods that need them. Most mods do. You can find pre-made patches for some of the main mods, like SPERG + Immersive Armors, etc.

I use SPERG, ASIS, and 58 other mods and it runs completely fine. I have two compatibility patches, one for SPERG and one for Immersive Armors. ASIS is a patcher in and of itself, and it's pretty easy to use. In order to have compatibility, you need patches. It's just how mods work. Sorry if I sounded harsh. :blush:

You're pretty unlikely to find that. I'm sorry, but it's just not how it works with mods like those.

The patches are for compatibility - it's not just these mods that need them. Most mods do. You can find pre-made patches for some of the main mods, like SPERG + Immersive Armors, etc.

I use SPERG, ASIS, and 58 other mods and it runs completely fine. I have two compatibility patches, one for SPERG and one for Immersive Armors. ASIS is a patcher in and of itself, and it's pretty easy to use. In order to have compatibility, you need patches. It's just how mods work. Sorry if I sounded harsh. :blush:

You are misunderstanding me. SPERG and SkyRe require patches because of conflicts with their secondary edits, it has nothing to do with them being perk mods. Mods don't just need patches with other mods, I'm using about 180 mods right now and only about 5 patches, mods need patches when a conflict arises only. SPERG and SkyRe both cause mass-conflicts by changing the vanilla armor/weapons/spells in addition to the perks, It's simply a matter of not doing that to achieve a perk mod that would not conflict with other mods, so it's by no means at all "not likely" a mod like that exists. I know of plenty of mods which edit entire perk trees one at a time that all require no patches because they don't try to do more then is necessary by editing not perk related content to compliment the perks. I just don't want to install like ten unrelated perk mods, it would be a balancing nightmare.

Anyways, as I said, SPERG is simply not an option in my load order, I would have to uninstall about 30 mods and download pretty much every single SPERG patch in existence, because it to edits weapons/armor just like SkyRe does.

What I am looking for is a PERK mod that only edits PERKS, and only conflicts with other mods that edit PERKS, not a perk mod that also edits weapons, armor, potions, trolls, mudcrabs, and sweetrolls.

SPERG is specifically designed to require next to no patches. what patches it does require are generally easy to make. Sperg makes no edits to armor or spells. It does have completely optional NEW spells that replace wards and bound weapon spells, but those can be turned off in the MCM if you prefer to use a different mod's bound weapon/ward changes. SPERG also has optional esps that undo all of its changes to a particular skill so you can even mix and match perk overhauls.

SPERG has three perks that will conflict with any mod that uses setAV, but a patch is easy to create. I did it myself and I would be happy to post it.

Also, while patches do exist for SPERG, they are generally patches that are made necessary by changes from the other mod. For example armor mods need patches in order to work with Matching Set or Fists of Steel. That's because those perks will always need to be changed for ANY new armor. You can't expect the author of SPERG to anticipate exactly which armor mods you plan to use.

I think the main ones are like this (overhaul perks entirely):

SkyRe - not an option, I'm assuming, since it conflicts with a lot of things, since it touches almost every part of the game

SPERG - touches only perks, and adds a few spells. Far more compatible than SkyRe.

PerMa (Perkus Maximus) - it's not out yet, but it's made by the same author as SkyRe and a few others. It's meant to be far more compatible, and only changes perks and combat.

I think the main ones are like this (overhaul perks entirely):

SkyRe - not an option, I'm assuming, since it conflicts with a lot of things, since it touches almost every part of the game

SPERG - touches only perks, and adds a few spells. Far more compatible than SkyRe.

PerMa (Perkus Maximus) - it's not out yet, but it's made by the same author as SkyRe and a few others. It's meant to be far more compatible, and only changes perks and combat.

Any idea when that last one is coming out? xD