Request: Insert all items from X mod in container

CookieDynamics

Please, hear me out.

The mod MFG Console mod adds into the game a new Console Command called "getmoditem mod", which inserts into any container all the items that were added to your game by mods. This is incredibly useful for people like me that enjoy taking screenshots.

However, the problem is.... It has no customization, it will always throw ALL the items from All the mods. Which makes the container lag everytime I have to remove one item from there.

Another mod I want to mention that I saw once (which I forgot the name) was a mod that would add a MCM tab that would show all the current active mods in your game.

----

I'm suggesting someone to create a mod that would be pretty much a combination of these two.

A mod that would show the player a list of the active mods on a MCM tab... and once the player clicked on certain mod of that list... a chest with 5 copies of all the items that certain mod added to their game would spawn right next to them.

That would make my life (and many others I'm sure) a lot easier.

Please, someone experienced with scripting, please do this!

PS: Also, I would like to thank Kapaer for his outstanding work with MFG Console. That mod is a "must have", and will always be on my load order!

Edited by CookieDynamics

I don't know how complex this could be, but is that really a big load?

Just to be clear, I'm asking for a mod that would use script to insert all the items from a certain mod into a chest.

This script already exists on the MFG mod, but it runs through all the mods the user has.

I was asking people to adapt that script to make it run through only one specific mod the user selected instead of running through the entire load-order.

Edited by CookieDynamics

we're talking about making an MCM menu type system to work with this mod. so no it is not a simple mod.

I did not say it would be simple.

I just said I didn't think it was infeasible or "big loaded" since I was asking for the addition of filters to a script that already exist. But yes, at the same time I was being modest enough to admit that I didn't have base to defend my assumptions, since I don't have modding experience with Skyrim.

And just to make things clear, are you saying that what made you consider it "big loaded" was the MCM interface part?

I certainly wasn't expecting that. I mentioned it as a suggestion but it NEVER crossed my mind that this suggestion would made my request that much harder.

Hell, that is completely optional. The entire point is to adapt the script. How the user interface will work is not critical. The core of the mod does not depend on it.

I just mentioned MCM because that's by far the most popular way to create user interface nowadays.

Edited by CookieDynamics

okay let me rephrase what I said. your idea is possible, it is going to be really hard to do. there are very few good modders who are taking requests. also I said MCM 'type' menu, type is kinda a key word here. the only way we can make a mod like what you're asking is to make a menu that allows you to select which mod items you want to have appear and how many (or just leave it at a default 3 or 5) there will be. yes we have a script that is already made to work with that does make it a tad bit easier but it does not help as much as you seem to think it does. we are going to have to change it a lot to make it work for what you want.

on another note more focused on reasons why I don't think any modder will pick this up is that very few people want to use a cheat mod.

• 1 year later...