Site updates: stability, premium donations, endorsements, downloading, apostrophes and full-stops

Dark0ne

• Replies 285
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #15940985. #15943120, #15944040 are all replies on the same post.

I know it's broken. I'm referring to the old download system where you chose a server to download off of.

This feels like a MMO where there is a maintenance update and once it's done thousands of users are trying to log on at once and having connection problems due to server flux. It's time to play the waiting game. Edited by wickedGRL

Using the new download system is like Russian Roulette. 9/10 of the download locations I am given are Salt Lake (USA) when I live in the United Kingdom. It does not select the best host. I'm downloading files at 10 KB/s. I'm dead serious. This is painful. Edited by Kozoi

In response to post #15900280. #15907070, #15908730, #15919430 are all replies on the same post.

The cost should be passed on to the users. If the site is so popular, maybe it should do away with the free memberships and increase the cost of premium memberships. Of course, people will expect something for that, but letting the quality suffer to such a degree could kill this site's reputation and then people may migrate elsewhere, possibly to Elsweyr.

Just to add to the praise here: my own little mods have experienced a big boost in endorsements as well. I also very much dig that the reminders have gotten me to endorse files I otherwise forgot to, but which clearly deserved it. Excellent example of a problem being addressed *very* effectively.

In response to post #15900280. #15907070, #15908730, #15919430, #15957195 are all replies on the same post.

If they got rid of free memberships, then i would probably go elsewhere. As much as i would like to support the nexus, some of us just don't have the money for a yearly subscription. If i were in a better financial state (not to say its bad right now. I mean better as in rich with plenty of money to spare), then i would glady donate.

Stopping with Free Memberships would pretty much shut everythin down...

But I have to say, I am also having downloading problems :\

I cant seem to be able to upgrade any of my mods...