Fallout: New Vegas Info!!!

DirTek

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too good. Too good to be true. Somethin telling me something aint right. I am pretty sure the game itself is going to be a cheapish updated Fallout 3 with a new map (not that I don't like Fallout 3) and some new weapons. And armor. And robots. I don't think they had enough time to make something as good as it seems. I hope i am wrong.

Something tells me you're another one of those people who'll always find something to moan about, no matter what.

Honestly, it's been two years. They had more than enough time, seeing as they're using the same engine. Had they catered for all the 12 year olds screaming for better graphics they'd have taken ages. Instead, they focused on something different entirely. Ensuring their fans could have fun. People moaned about F3's graphics as well, it didn't stop the game from being a roaring success.

It can be an expansion to F3 and everybody whose opinion is worth anything would still love it.

I saw a new video from E3 that showed more gameplay. There's a pump action grenade launcher so I guess there's a pump shotty... yipee! And for the new animations, I don't know. It still looks a bit stiff and cartoony, but it does speed up the action. I guess I'll give it a plus? Maybe?

pump action grenade launcher

It's a single-shot break barrel M79 "Thumpgun". Although it has been mentioned there is a riot shotgun (and those are *always* pump action). We seem to be getting more lever action weapons this time, with the trail carbine and the cowboy repeater. Break-barrel shotties seem popular too with a single barrel and double over-under appearing. Hell if we get a decent Bullpup animation we'll have all we ever need in that respect.

pump action grenade launcher

It's a single-shot break barrel M79 "Thumpgun". Although it has been mentioned there is a riot shotgun (and those are *always* pump action). We seem to be getting more lever action weapons this time, with the trail carbine and the cowboy repeater. Break-barrel shotties seem popular too with a single barrel and double over-under appearing. Hell if we get a decent Bullpup animation we'll have all we ever need in that respect.

Yes it's a break shot, but look at 3:30. Probably a weapon mod.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VUEwvqERddU

Did anyone else see the E3 New Vegas event? I watched all ten minutes of it, hoping to get more information about it.. And they wouldn't stop talking about how you can gamble in it! Drove me nuts, and almost led me to think they were slightly confused and accidentally made a gambling sim rather than an action/RPG.

From all the other screenshots, the game looks highly interesting. I could rag on how everything looks exactly the same as FO3, but you can't improve perfection and trying to do so would just add on to production time.