⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Would You. Buy A Ps3??

hybrid_snyper

Could You Part With THe Cash  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Rumour has it that the PS3 will cost between ?499 and ?699, would you be prepared to buy one?

• Yes by all means necessary
    • Nah would rather by something else

OK, I've had enough of this g*dd*mn thread >:( . I've already made my stance absolutely clear on this matter. I've got nothing left to say. If you want to make PS3 a HUGE stinkin success, by all means, BE MY GUESTS. I'm not gonna say anything else that's gonna get me banned from this forum. I'll admit right here, right now, as much as I HATE it :glare: , Sony is a giant, and it's sure as sh*t that it'll take an act of God to put an end to it...

I'll stick with my PC from now. I'm not getting into a heated debate about which system is better than the other. I'm done. And to prevent ANY flareups from happening, this thread should be pinned.

hmmm, your stance has been how you believe Sony is the spawn of Satan, and how there taking the market away from Nintendo, thats business, survival of the fittest, I don't think you hate the PS3 or any Sony product for valid reasons, your hatred seems born from that Nintendo couldn't keep up. Which i understand if you have a massive stake in the company then it would hit deep.

Iits all down to preference and what you get out of a console. If the Wii does well then good, im not going to fly off the handle and say that Nintendo are destroying the world of video games. For me i like the tech, i like the extras, i like immersion, i like getting lost in a fantasy world, i like the franchises thats my preference. You can't say Im wrong for wanting a PS3 or for saying positive things about it.

hmmm, your stance has been how you believe Sony is the spawn of Satan, and how there taking the market away from Nintendo, thats business, survival of the fittest, I don't think you hate the PS3 or any Sony product for valid reasons, your hatred seems born from that Nintendo couldn't keep up. Which i understand if you have a massive stake in the company then it would hit deep.

Iits all down to preference and what you get out of a console. If the Wii does well then good, im not going to fly off the handle and say that Nintendo are destroying the world of video games. For me i like the tech, i like the extras, i like immersion, i like getting lost in a fantasy world, i like the franchises thats my preference. You can't say Im wrong for wanting a PS3 or for saying positive things about it.

I know... which is why I'm learning to bite my tongue on matters such as this one. You might say that I dislike SCE for invlid reasons, but I don't see it that way. For me, the PlayStation 3 just does not have anything to offer TO ME. That's MY preference. Let's just leave it at that.

EDIT:

You mention you like the immersion, and to "get lost in a fantasy world"; I can do the exact same thing on my GCN and, when it comes out on the 19th, the Wii too. And all for a third of the price of the PS3 (remember, the MSRP of the PS3 is $649.99 CDN, while "teh" Wii is only $279.99 CDN—keep that in mind).

It's just like my preference of Creative's MP3 players over Apple's iPod. I get a quality product (which BTW has more to offer to me than iPod, like the ability to rip music directly from my CD player to my Zen V w/o having to connect to my PC), and all for a price tag that's not gonna leave me dirt-poor afterwards.

For me, I've come to a point where I couldn't care less what Sony does, as long Nintendo continues to make quality product. I know I may have said things that seemed irrational to most, like hoping Nintendo would crush Sony. But no, Nintendo can't do that, I'll leave that up to Microsoft ;) . Anyway, like I always about things like this, let God sort 'em out.

• 6 months later...
Sony killed Sega... This is absolutely irredeemable in my eyes. And today, Sega makes games for them! <Paul is close to tears> I will always hate the computer division of Sony. They make nice TVs, but whenever I have played on any Playstation, I've always felt I was being mugged.

Hmm this thread's debate really died out a long time ago, and your post doesn't add an awful lot. I let your posts slide in other old threads as they either revived, or you added enough. Please pay attention to the date of the last post in a thread before posting - if it's a month old or more and your post doesn't add a decent amount to the discussion in order to revive it then it's thread necromancy (see the rules). Thanks. ^^

Just to make this clear to certain other members of the forum and address a common misconception people seem to have about thread necromancy while I'm here: just posting in a month or more old thread DOES NOT constitute thread necromancy. Read the rules properly. It's only thread necromancy if the post doesn't add much or is spam. If the post contributes enough to revive discussion then it isn't thread necromancy. This can vary between threads depending on how deep the discussion is...

Anywho, I think I'll lock this now. ;)

Archived