Just a few of questions about videocards and ENBs

TwilightDB

I have a Nvidia GTX580 videocard with a dedicated 1.5gb DDR5 video ram on it running on a Intel I7 quad core 3.4ghz processor and 24gb memory., the motherboard is an Asus.

Anyhoo! :smile:

With all the hype about ENBs in general and how it makes the game looks all that much more nicer; I've been trying to find a ENB to try out and to be honest, I've only tried out one of the popular ones which didn't turn out very well for me, now I'm wondering if it's my machine or if it's something I'm doing wrong?

My question/s is/are:

- Is my machine in general good enough to run a ENB without too much of a performance loss?

- Is there a minimum videocard requirement to run a ENB, it just seems like most ENBs don't really have a recommendation limit for what videocards should be used?

- Does both Antialising and Ansiotropic Filtering need to be turned off in the Skyrim options for ENBs to work properly and do I need to go into the videocard settings itself to change that side as well?

Last time I've tried the ENB, I've got this opaque greyish haze along the bottom 80% of my monitor which I couldn't see anything outdoors except for the greyish polluted sky :laugh: while indoors, it felt more like a dreamstate where everything looked hazy.

Ugh! off topic, is there a way to get rid of the plastic skin look whenever I stand under a shadow, my body looks like it's been dipped in transparent liquid latex which is why i've been thinking the use of a ENB might fix it. :pinch:

Thanks in advance for answers and suggestions! :smile:

Edited by TwilightDB

"Is my machine in general good enough to run a ENB without too much of a performance loss?" - should be fine, as long as you don't go overboard with too many high res textures as well

"Is there a minimum videocard requirement to run a ENB, it just seems like most ENBs don't really have a recommendation limit for what videocards should be used?" - probably but your current card would be above the minimum.

"Does both Antialising and Ansiotropic Filtering need to be turned off in the Skyrim options for ENBs to work properly and do I need to go into the videocard settings itself to change that side as well?" They both need to be turned off in the launcher settings. If you haven't changed Skyrim in the nVidia controller then don't change anything there, it should be set to "application control" by default.

"Ugh! off topic, is there a way to get rid of the plastic skin look whenever I stand under a shadow, my body looks like it's been dipped in transparent liquid latex which is why i've been thinking the use of a ENB might fix it." - http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/29791/?

""Last time I've tried the ENB, I've got this opaque greyish haze along the bottom 80% of my monitor which I couldn't see anything outdoors except for the greyish polluted sky :laugh: while indoors, it felt more like a dreamstate where everything looked hazy.""

EIther you did not set>>> '''bFloatPointRenderTarget=1<<to a 1 OR

You are using MO and edited the wrong ini...OR

you need to turn off "MIST" in the ENB settings.

Gtx 580 is good enough to run performance friendly enb presets. It would help if you would include enb version you are using right now. There is over 100 presets on nexus.

Ugh! off topic, is there a way to get rid of the plastic skin look whenever I stand under a shadow, my body looks like it's been dipped in transparent liquid latex which is why i've been thinking the use of a ENB might fix it. :pinch:

For natural looking skin you need to use proper mix of enb preset, head/body mesh (depending on mod they have different UV), texture (diffuse map), normal map (_msn.dds) and specular map (_s.dds). I would suggest getting UNP/UNPB body replacer and SG Female Textures Reneval.

http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/35267-3-1366962484.jpg

http://static-2.nexusmods.com/15/mods/110/images/35267-3-1366962529.jpg

@ Anya29 : Thank you! That fixed the problem with the shine off the body! :smile:

@ Camaro 69 327 : Sorry, It's my first attempt at trying a ENB, so i'm not sure what MO is? :sweat:

@ BlackRoseOfThorn : I've been trying to use "Project ENB" as the one that is sort of suggested for "Climates of Tameriel", I guess i'll try it again and hope i got it right this time. :ohdear: