Wig mods?

EssGeeDee

Would it be possible to create a 'wig' mod, say take a hair pack (Saram's, for example), and turn the hairs into helmets? If it's possible, I might even have a go at it. I'm always wanting to change the hairstyles of my female companions and I don't like having to open the GECK and specifically alter them...

ZOMG the vanilla game has wigs

Broken Steel has wigs

But can't find any wig mods on the nexus

Methinks you've identified a mod that needs to be developed.

(BTW Oblivion has a "wearable beard" mod - showing that this kind of thing is always usefull)

It was done in Oblivion, so it may be possible in Fallout too, but the problem with the ones in Oblivion was that they really were just like helmets, so they looked kind of weird, like they were sitting just above your head instead of directly on it (it's difficult to describe, but it was CLEARLY not your characters hair) and your ears disappeared.

Hmm, getting feedback makes me want to try this out even more now.

As Woogiemonster put it, there are wig mods for Oblivion, but they don't include ears. I think there'd be a workaround in Fallout, at least one helmet doesn't remove the ears right? I think the Head Wrap removes the hair but leaves the ears. I'll be looking further into this.

Yes, I've been looking at some and a few do leave behind some hair.

I'll find something though.

EDIT: I think I might have found a good helmet.

The Metal Helmet keeps the ears, and all other parts of the head's base geometry, but also gets rid of all hair.

Screen 1

Screen 2

So now I think it's possible to start modding wigs.

Aren't the ears in FO3 part of the Head mesh, where in Ob they weren't because of the differing types needed (Human, elf, khajiit)

Honestly, I couldn't tell you what Oblivion does, I haven't played it in a while. :) But still, it looks like Fallout would be much easier to mod in wigs. Now I just need to get off my lazy butt and do it...