Games for Windows Live

Retribution

So, I bought Bioshock 2 and played it for a couple hours yesterday. Today, I try to play, but it won't let me, unless I download some huge update that is causing lots of problems for players after they install it. I have slow internet, and a download limit. Why can't I play the game I spent 50 dollars on without being hindered like this?

Argh, download limit, that sucks :(

The wonderful world of PC gaming eh? Patches to fix bugs that cause more bugs, huge files, corrupted uploads...*sigh* And it just seems to be getting worse

I would have bought it on Steam. GFWL is so awful...

So, I bought Bioshock 2 and played it for a couple hours yesterday. Today, I try to play, but it won't let me, unless I download some huge update that is causing lots of problems for players after they install it. I have slow internet, and a download limit. Why can't I play the game I spent 50 dollars on without being hindered like this?

ooooh, that sucks...

now i know im not getting it for pc, i have download limit too...

and now imagine you have no internet access at home, you couldnt play the game...man, that really sucks..

i once had a similar problem when i got halo 2, i had no internet access and i couldnt play it for some weeks cuz it needed internet access for activation(!) until i finally got internet access...

such things are very annoying, you are excited about a new game and when you want to play it you cant cuz theres no internet.. :unsure:

i once had a similar problem when i got halo 2, i had no internet access and i couldnt play it for some weeks cuz it needed internet access for activation(!) until i finally got internet access...

such things are very annoying, you are excited about a new game and when you want to play it you cant cuz theres no internet.. :unsure:

The problem in this case is that you need to be always connected and signed into GFWL in order to play the game, even after activation. It's the same kind of garbage Ubisoft is going to be using. From what I hear, even the Steam version has this problem. Just another lesson, no matter how good the game may be, a DRM or other draconian anti-piracy can make it totally suck. You should always research what sort of system games use before buying simply as standard practice. Companies keep pulling this crap, and keep screwing over their paying customers, so you should attempt to be informed before buying anything.

Argh, download limit, that sucks :(

The wonderful world of PC gaming eh? Patches to fix bugs that cause more bugs, huge files, corrupted uploads...*sigh* And it just seems to be getting worse

I would have bought it on Steam. GFWL is so awful...

You think GFWL is crap, Yet you use Steam? I dont know what to make of this :confused:

I can empathise though, For I play games on a separate pc than this one.

And this one has a very slow Internets, Yet no download limit.

Lots of companies over in Europe and such set download limits? Man, that sucks :( Hehe, I like not having to monitor how much I download a month :P I'd eat up my bandwidth just downloading from here :P

I've never had a problem with Steam...but I buy a game once a year maybe, sometimes never. Don't buy brand new games either, they always run like crap. I'm one to wait a year atleast nowadays before I'll buy the game. I didn't buy Oblivion until mid 2007.

This is why I don't buy games anymore, just stick to Oblivion and some Steam games...it's pointless now. Pay $60 for the game, another $60 for all the DLCs, and the game runs like garbage even though your computer is 3 or 4 times better than what's recommended because it has some stupid DRM bullcrap on it...or it BSODs Windows, crashes, etc...$120 for that? This is exactly why people pirate this crap, I don't understand why they haven't gotten it by now. Maybe they do know, but are a bunch of wusses that don't want to admit their mistake...

Nono, I personally don't have a limit, But its very slow.

I chew up all my bandwidth with FO3 nexus though. The most at once was 25 downloads :thumbsup: I couldn't do anything Internet related for half the day!

Maximum speed I've ever had though was 10.5mpbs.....

Not as bad as my neighbours though, He could have the Cable to his house (100mpbs +) for $150 extra a year, But he got a $200 wireless connection & his top speed is 1.5mpbs

I was literally rolling around laughing my head off when I heard!