Games for Windows Live

Retribution

10.5mbps? Slow? Wow, I've never actually seen an internet connection go anywhere near that fast in my life. The high-speed corporate LAN I'm using atm barely reaches 1mbps, if I really push it. My home connection is a similar speed, when its not being throttled, despite being the fastest package available in my area.

Seriously, if you want to know what slow internet is, come visit the UK...

10.5mbps? Slow? Wow, I've never actually seen an internet connection go anywhere near that fast in my life. The high-speed corporate LAN I'm using atm barely reaches 1mbps, if I really push it. My home connection is a similar speed, when its not being throttled, despite being the fastest package available in my area.

Seriously, if you want to know what slow internet is, come visit the UK...

well, ask thor to see what fast internet is...

he downloaded about 250mb in 2 seconds... :ohmy:

sheesh...lol I have 4mbps. I have heard that most countries have faster internet far superior to ours over here...highest I've seen is 8mbps and they wanna charge $75/month for it...

I don´t know for other EU contries, but in Denmark the speed/cap depends on what you pay.

You can have a connection for almost nothing, with a cap, and very slow.

You can also have a 100mbps for aprox. 80 bucks a month.

So you get what you pay.

GFWL is just as terrible as Steam... I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT, it is MY property now.. Why the *Bleep* do I need to log in just to play single player for Dawn Of War 2!?

I bought DOW2 retail and you install it through steam when you insert the disc, then you have to log into GFWL to play non-online games. This is pathetic and I think it is a waste of money to buy games that require login to play. I grow more and more angry with the gaming industry as everything is going digital and internet required.. Maybe if there wasn't as many thieves who released public folders of full games over the internet this wouldn't be a problem. Now we all have to suffer because of that.

:wallbash:

GFWL is just as terrible as Steam... I BOUGHT THE PRODUCT, it is MY property now.. Why the *Bleep* do I need to log in just to play single player for Dawn Of War 2!?

I bought DOW2 retail and you install it through steam when you insert the disc, then you have to log into GFWL to play non-online games. This is pathetic and I think it is a waste of money to buy games that require login to play. I grow more and more angry with the gaming industry as everything is going digital and internet required.. Maybe if there wasn't as many thieves who released public folders of full games over the internet this wouldn't be a problem. Now we all have to suffer because of that.

:wallbash:

That is exactly why I passed up on Dawn of War 2 (as well as a growing list of other titles I would most likely would have loved)

Lately I get the feeling the efforts some of publishers are geared more towards destroying the second-hand game market