TES Construction set

kikan1

Does your version of the CS match your game version?

Do you have OBSE installed and are you starting the CS with OBSE enabled?

Is your version of the CS legit? I know someone who torrented it (didn't know it was free. Muppet. :D ) and then whinged at me till I went over to his house that it wouldn't work right as I was the one responsible for getting him back into Oblivion and modding.

Jenrai

Go to the CS wiki and look for the instructions to make it work. The FAQ in there covers a lot of things, including how to launch it with/without OBSE enabled (I'd be damned if I'm ever gonna figure out why someone who has OBSE wants to launch the CS without it, but never mind) as well as the most comprehensive set of instructions for using the CS available anywhere... ever. ;) It also covers a good deal about the game in general (though not everything, obviously - thats what the UESP Wiki is for. ;) ) and a lot of the plug-ins available.

Jenrai

Go to the CS wiki and look for the instructions to make it work. The FAQ in there covers a lot of things, including how to launch it with/without OBSE enabled (I'd be damned if I'm ever gonna figure out why someone who has OBSE wants to launch the CS without it, but never mind) as well as the most comprehensive set of instructions for using the CS available anywhere... ever. ;) It also covers a good deal about the game in general (though not everything, obviously - thats what the UESP Wiki is for. ;) ) and a lot of the plug-ins available.

Jenrai

The reason to launch the CS without OBSE is to make the mod non OBSE dependent.

I've never had a problem with my Construction Set. Apart from when I've been making a complexed mod, and not saved in awhile. I go for a drink and when i come back, i get a kick in the teeth saying

"TES Construction Set has encountered a problem, and needs to be shut down. Any unsaved work will be lost"

Its mainly the reason I stopped modding. The other reason is, I lack patience to make new Textures and Meshes :(