Confusing Crash

TheOnlyShiggyDiggy

Earlier I was downloading mods and while in the skyrim folder i accidentally launched the non-skse skyrim. Now whenever i try to load skyrim it crashes in both the skse launcher and normal skyrim version. Do I have to redownload skyrim, or is there a way to fix this. I have tried launching skyrim with all my mods uninstalled to no avail.

Edited by TheOnlyShiggyDiggy

Try deleting StorageUtil.save inside Skyrim/Data/SKSE/Plugins. Fixed startup errors for me.

I opened up the data folder and now there is no skse folder... now im even more confused. Do I re download skse now?

I should add that i have mediocre modding experience and use NMM for pretty much everything

Edit: Re downloaded skse, still no folder.

Never saw that file mentioned above...

SKSE folder ...and... SKSE/Plugins do not exist by default. IF you install a plugin you have to create both folders yourself, by hand. IF you want SKSE to manage your memory you have to create a SKSE folder and also a SKSE.ini file and place the relevant lines in it...

Google.

Some mod you installed is interfering..i can launch both ways when ever i want...IF i launch without SKSE it runs, but SKSE mods complain...lol

EDIT ..i Googled that file mentioned above........StorageUtil.save is part of sexlab, So no worry if you don't have it ..lol

Edited by camaro_69_327

Never saw that file mentioned above...

SKSE folder ...and... SKSE/Plugins do not exist by default. IF you install a plugin you have to create both folders yourself, by hand. IF you want SKSE to manage your memory you have to create a SKSE folder and also a SKSE.ini file and place the relevant lines in it...

Google.

Some mod you installed is interfering..i can launch both ways when ever i want...IF i launch without SKSE it runs, but SKSE mods complain...lol

EDIT ..i Googled that file mentioned above........StorageUtil.save is part of sexlab, So no worry if you don't have it ..lol

I found out the problem was a bad emb file was trying to load. The game was fixed for a few hours, but now every time I try to load a save it crashes again. I am able to go into the main menu and select a save, but after the loading screen the game crashes. I have never have this problem before as normally (for as much as crashes go) they happened as soon as I launched the game. This happened after repeatedly trying to load a save. The save would load sometimes and crash after a few minutes, and completely crash other times. Now all my save files crash. Are they corrupted, or is a bad mod the cause. I've checked the previous culprit, but it's off.

Edit: Can make a new save just fine. I guess everything is corrupted. RIP millennium of gameplay, you will be missed