What miss in Oblivion

LordWushin

I always liked playing Morrowind back in the day and even still today. Morrowind was one of the few games I go back to and play again and again. And now Oblivion is right there next to Morrowind.

But having played for quite some time, I feel there is somethings missing in Oblivon compared to Morrowind - besides graphics and that stuff! Make a list of things that you miss from Morrowind that you wish were in Oblivion.

I miss the spears and the levitation spells. The throwing knives, darts, and stars I miss also.

Maybe some people will make some mods or find some mod (that I have not found). This is a good way to encourage mods and see what people would like to have.

I miss all the guilds and factions and quests. Oblivion only has like five real factions to join.

I miss levitation, but in Morrowind it was lame how the player character was the only one to use it. Levitate four meters above your enemys' heads, and you had often completely escaped from them.

I miss Winged Twilights and Ogrims. It seems like a skilled animator could turn an imp into a Winged Twilight or an Ogre into an Ogrim.

I sort of miss pillows. I had a thief character who would steal all the pillows from each house he burglarized. He made a big pile of stolen pillows on his bed at home.

I miss how an adventurer could make a good living by hunting down creatures to soul-trap and filling soul-gems. Filled soul-gems are sort of worthless in Oblivion.

I miss the really awkward economic system in Morrowind where people mainly bartered. You go in to sell your 50,000 Septim daedric weapon, and the merchant has 800 gold. So you leave with all the gold, a few cheaper pieces of armor, and a whole bunch of scrolls. I don't know why, but I really enjoyed that.

Morrowind was a great game.

lol steaing pillows!

I miss the druegh people-fish and thee slaughter fish. If they are in Oblivion I dont spend much time in the water so I dont know!

Dont forget the nix hounds. Another creature to kill ha ha ah!

I miss:

The variety of weapons.

The political intrigue between houses and guilds. In fact, just politics in general. Oblivion felt far to heroic for my tastes.

A better definition between good and evil. Oblivion seems rather polarized, you are forced to choose between being really evil or really good, during the few times you have a choice.

The fantastic nature of Vvardenfell itself. I was awed by the Manor District of Ald-Ruhn or the mushroom houses of the Telvanni; everything in Oblivion is really... European, same old same old.

The old voices. Sure there weren't many of them, but I hate talking to most people in Oblivion, they grate after a while. On a similar note, although everyone has a "personality" most are very basic and wear out after a while, making me wish that they would have nothing to talk about but their jobs again.

Morrowind's economy. Really, there's almost no point to money in Oblivion.

Interesting dungeons.

Werewolves.

There's probably more...

I have to agree with the variety of weapons in Morrowind being better, the werewolves, and the economy. I also liked having the unarmored skill in case I ever wanted to be a monk and wear no armor, just clothes(or does Light armor in Oblivion cover that?). Also the ship wrecks were kind of fun to track down and explore. I actually prefer Morrowinds glass armor over Oblivions too.

Three grades of armor to chose from instead of two (four if you count unarmored). Extra armor slots you can mix and match pieces with when trying to wear the best armor your lower-level character can find along the way (in Oblivion it just doesn't seem as cool to do this). The inventory menu. Merchants equipping better armor and clothes when you sell it to them.

Not sure if it's a bug or what, but when you have enough money to buy an expensive custom enchantment and the NPC is also a merchant, the gold gets added to their barter total (if you do it right) and you can sell them way expensive stuff without loosing giant profit. It's like getting a new and expensive enchanted item for trading your crazy pricey loot.

The crazy pricey loot. The unoccupied homes that are techincally owned but due to lack of extensive AI you can break into them and make them your own with no respawning containers to fear. (Even if you kill someone in Oblivion their containers still respawn, but who keeps refilling them?) The weight-limited containers.

The non-centralized landscape (in Oblivion everything seems to visually revolve around the IC; in Morrowind it's easier to get pleasantly lost and not be so easily reminded of the center of the world). (Maybe some people like this and it's also a different theme but I don't personally care for it that much.) The color shading.

The phrase, "Wealth beyond measure, outlander."

The non-centralized landscape (in Oblivion everything seems to visually revolve around the IC; in Morrowind it's easier to get pleasantly lost and not be so easily reminded of the center of the world). (Maybe some people like this and it's also a different theme but I don't personally care for it that much.)
Well, as far as that goes, whether someone likes it or not, it makes a sort of sense... It ~IS~ the center of not just Cyrodiil, but all of the empire as well. Everything does revolve around it (thematically). ~shrug~ "All roads lead to Rome". Cyrodiil makes me think of Rome.

I think more diverse populace and more diverse guards would be rather nice.

The non-centralized landscape (in Oblivion everything seems to visually revolve around the IC; in Morrowind it's easier to get pleasantly lost and not be so easily reminded of the center of the world). (Maybe some people like this and it's also a different theme but I don't personally care for it that much.)
Well, as far as that goes, whether someone likes it or not, it makes a sort of sense... It ~IS~ the center of not just Cyrodiil, but all of the empire as well. Everything does revolve around it (thematically). ~shrug~ "All roads lead to Rome". Cyrodiil makes me think of Rome.

I think more diverse populace and more diverse guards would be rather nice.

Yes it does make sense, I agree. And I'm glad that it's at least different in that way. I just prefer Morrowind's overall landscape.

What I realy liked about Morrowind is that you never knew what was behind the next corner. So I always had to be focused and vigilent. In Oblivion I find myself admiring the woods and looking at the lovely flowers rather than fighting and staying focused.

Also when exploring dungeons it was a pleasure searching in every sack or chest. The variety of the unique items is quite amazing and I found some only after years of playing, items that I didn't even knew about. I also miss all those great weapons(we got some in Oblivion to thanks to our great modding community) and armours and the fact that you had much more to choose from.

I miss the non-levelled loot and items in Morrowind. Oblivion was trashed with a levelled loot system where you won't find Daedric armor until you are like level 25, and even then you won't expect yourself to get a helmet or gauntlets.

I miss being a thief in Morrowind. Being a thief actually meant something compared to Oblivion where there is nothing but worthless crap to steal from. No Imperial City nobles have a chest full of gold in thier house, or some unique magical items on the table. Shops don't have anything to steal from to sell to others, etc.. The Steal system was screwed up in Oblivion.

I miss the hundreds of unique and rare items that are NOT LEVELLED, you can find the Staff of Magnus at level 1.

I miss the dozens of armor and weapon sets that are NOT LEVELLED, you can get a Daedric claymore and a full set of Daedric armor if you look in the right place.

I miss the countless guilds you could join, and the hundreds of quests that are availible in them.

Oblivion is a awesome game, but I just hate some of the changes made to it seem so unrealistic in comparison.

Questions:

Is there a mod that removes the levelled item system?

Is there a mod that prevents bandits and marauders from possesing high level items, except for the boss ones?

Is there a mod that adds hundreds of unique and valueble items to people's houses to give thieves a better use?

Is there a mod that adds some morrowind items back to Oblivion?

Is there a mod that makes shops carry more valuebles other than iron armor?

Is there a mod that allows you to join the Imperial Legion like in oblivion, that has Dialogue to make it polished?

Answer all of the above.

I will continue to play Oblivion as it is a great game. I just wish Bethesda didn't make some things in it different from Morrowind.