Resurrecting NPC Causes CTD

cbankston

One of the mods I use includes Lucas Simms in one of its quests. Since Lucas was killed early in my game, as he probably is in most games, I tried using the console with his ref. ID to resurrect him. I used the kill > resurrect > disable > enable sequence of commands after the prid command. Lucas was resurrected, but either as soon as I exited the console or shortly thereafter, the game would CTD or freeze the computer. I also tried entering the disable/enable before the kill/resurrect. The immediate CTD or freeze generally would occur if I followed the resurrection with a moveto player command while my avatar was in front of or inside Lucas' Megaton house. If I skipped the moveto player, a CTD would occur in a few minutes regardless of where my avatar went. My game otherwise is stable with infrequent CTD's. Is there any way to accomplish the resurrection without the crashes?

Try making a clean save. Disable your mod that involves lucas simms. Start up and load game, save the game, exit. Re-enable the quest mod that involves him, load save game and test the game (resurrect him).

Yes, that's what I was going to suggest.

The resurrect command works strangely. For example, Charon died for me once outside the Citadel. I resurrected him, but found that his inventory had been reset to default.

His AI also behaved as if he was still standing in the 9th Circle before I hired him (Talk. To. Ahzrukhal.)

What resurrect does is it resets the NPC as well as the NPC's status in a particluar quest. So, the fact that you have resurrected Simms AFTER installing your mod means he isn't working properly.

Resurrect Simms, talk to him to see if he still gives you his spiel welcoming you to Megaton or whatever, save, install the mod and see what happens then ....