Radio

Jallis370

No, it's not the usual stuttering. I had that in the start, but after alot of tinkering and so on it just stopped by itself. Now I got a problem where the radio sound hangs after itself. It's sort of a stutter but in a different way. It plays alright but sometimes a split second is repeated 3-5 times randomly after, while the rest is still playing. It's not just the songs enymore either. I'm gonna try and show how it sounds like. First I'll write a part played from the radio, and second is the stuttering while the rest plays normally. (Punctuation means there is no interference. Couldn't just put space in between.)

This is me, Threedog. Aoooo! How is life in the wasteland going? Blah blah blah raiders blah blah repairs blah blah.

.......................e e e e.........o! o! o!....................wa wa wa....wa wa........a a............i i.......i....i i........ep ep ep...........

I have no idea what causes this stuttering. I'm gonna try and set the graphics quality down to see if this has anything to do with it. The game plays fine on high quality.

Yup, tried it and it made no difference. But when I went back to the old one the stuttering was gone and it hanged instead.

Windows 7 64bit, 2x9800 GTX, 6g ddr2 ram, intel core duo e6850 3ghz, creative gamer fatal1ty sound card.

What changed since the last time it worked nice?

Former versions used Direct Sound what was abandoned by Windows Vista+ in favor of OpenAL, if it's your case you may need the Alchemy application from Creative.

You may want to replace the fraunhoffer filter with the MADfilter, search the web for complete procedure.

PS: seems Fallout 3 GOTY uses OpenAL, I can't confirm. Anyway using that MADfilter is always good idea. Besides, actualizing the OpenAL itself should be done (independent you'll use alchemy or not).

What changed was that I upgraded from vista ultimate 32 to windows 7 ultimate 64.

I have Alchemy, I think, but I don't know how to use it. When searching for a guide I only found warnings about problems people had with it so I dropped the idea.

I tried MADfilter and it didn't make any difference. I had l k-Lite before or I have it installed right now. I'm not shure anymore.

I allso tried doubling the audio cache.