What did you think when you played oblivion for the first time

Elsarian

to be honest, i've never heard of any tes games before i bought my copy of oblivion in a portugese shop. At that time i was under the effects of Dark messiah of might and magic and as soon as i saw te picture on the Oblivion box i picked it up and bought it. Then i waited one week to return home and play it. I was full of hope for this game and fortunatly it didn't disapoint me. I loved it from the first moment in the prison...i still remember my first charater...Arthas!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yes, I remember the first time I played Oblivion. I was a huge Morrowind fiend back then, and had high hopes for Oblivion. My computer was trash; not only did I have to get a new graphics card, but I had to put in a DVD drive (it only had a CD-RW!)

So I started it up and started making my character. The computer set the game to Very Low graphics. Really? Is it that bad? I bump it up to Medium.

The girl looks horrible. Also, Oblivion looks pretty rough on 1024x768 resolution. XD

The camera bothered me too. All in all, my first experience with Oblivion was expensive AND horrible. But I kept playing, and boy I'm glad I did. For to me, it's the best darn game ever made. That is, thanks to the modding community. Just don't play it with a computer built in 2001. XD

I didn't hear about Oblivion til early spring of 08. I played the game a bit, and though I saw potential, I didn't like it. I am not a backwards-compatible kinda person. Next to the FF series on the PS and PS2, I cannot play older games. I can't get past the graphics.

Since I was in the middle of playing CoD4 and Crysis at the time I found Oblivion, I couldn't stomach the emptiness of it. Until I found out about the modding community surrounding it. I came to tesnexus after reading a thread on the game, looked at a few screenshots, and fell in love!

I know fair well that if I had found the game when it came out, I would have loved it. It was my timing that threw me off, but this community sold me! Walking out of the sewers the first time after installing a handful of great mods, literally floored me! Like walking into a new world, not just playing a game!

I thought it was graphically pleasing, with great cities, and incredibly dull countryside compared to Morrowind. Loved the ability to make poisons, and the (small) improvements to AI, hated the magic Havok Engine. Loathed the complete scaling, and the inane fake-conversations of NPCs. The game really came into its own when the modding community took off, in my opinion.

The first time I played? let's see...

I remember being pumped about my $75 of money that went toward official content and the game itself - it had to be good if it cost all that! I hadn't played morrowind before, so oblivion really drew me in, even in the starting dungeon. Using captain picard as the emporor was an awesome touch. The first thing I did was go out and complete the main quest - I was a little surprised that I could do it all before level 5, but why not, right?

Anyways, my thoughts on it were something along the lines of "THIS IS FRIGGIN AWESOME"

And then I found tesnexus...

Just got into PC gaming about 2-3 yrs ago. So I'm late to the party playing Oblivion for the 1st time, but I've been playing almost everyday since I got it last month. Was amazed the 1st few days while playing, and I still can't wait to see what's next. Shoot, I still have many places to visit still, but I'm enjoying the ride. After my 1st time through Oblivion I'll find some mods that change the actual game-play, and do it all again.

I've played HL2, COD4, Crysis, TF2, Bioshock, Quake 4, and a few other FPS PC games, but the closest thing I've played with a RPG element is Stalker. I'm loving Oblivion so much I'm going to get another RPG game(Fallout 3) afterwards. Then after experiencing a Sci-fi RPG, I'd like find another game with the feel of Oblivion......

I remember that i walked around and was amazed on how good it looked as i stood on a hill, i decided to walk in to a cave and guess what it was that easter egg cave with that big ass mudcrab. you know the one that is like the same size as mehrunes dagon. I thought "Holy poo!" but i hit it with my blade once and it was dead. I got so dissapointed :blink: