Global warming

Balagor

It definitely is fake! :biggrin:

I live in Western Siberia and the whole winter a temperature was about -30 C, though in previous years it wasn't so cold. Yes sometimes there were cold periods, even -40 C or -45 C, but not the whole winter :rolleyes:

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It definitely is fake! :biggrin:

I live in Western Siberia and the whole winter a temperature was about -30 C, though in previous years it wasn't so cold. Yes sometimes there were cold periods, even -40 C or -45 C, but not the whole winter :rolleyes:

You say that temperature has risen about 10 degrees, and yet you don´t believe in "Global warming"? :confused: I know that a few years are no meassures for wether the temperature rises or not, but I quote you on your own arguments :whistling:

You say that temperature has risen about 10 degrees, and yet you don´t believe in "Global warming"? :confused: I know that a few years are no meassures for wether the temperature rises or not, but I quote you on your own arguments :whistling:

No, I said it was sometimes, 40-45) In this year it was during a few days as well. I wanted to say that average temperature decreased in comparison with previous years how my feelings say about it to me :)

Global warming causes weather patterns to become more severe, so your colder winter could actually be a symptom of global warming.

There really isn't any question that global warming is occurring. The real questions are how long will it continue, are we contributing significantly to it, and what, if anything, can and should we do about it?

And that is why I don't like the term "global warming" people deny its existence cause its a bit colder... Climate Change is a much better title made of both Warming and Dimming.

Even if it is fake using oil is a problem since it will run out someday. Unless we depend on the cows.

And even cows in huge amounts can be questionable. "Cowfarts" contributes to the layer of anti emission gasses too :sick:

but they taste good... cars dont... :thumbsup:

You´r so right, and wasn´t it how we where doing in the "good old days" We used oxes and horses instead of cars (cowfarts instead of smog), and we could have milk from them (the cows), and when they were too old to work, they went on grass to increas weight, an then we ate them. Those were the days. But we all ( inclusive I) have to change radically. It takes a lot of cows/horses to run my computer/fridge/all kind of energy consumpting gismos, which nobodu (including I) are willing to give up. :rolleyes:

And that is why I don't like the term "global warming" people deny its existence cause its a bit colder... Climate Change is a much better title made of both Warming and Dimming.

If you call it "Climate Change" instead of "Global Warming", there is a flaw, because the climate has always been changing, and I have a hard time believing we as humans have much impact on it at all.

While I agree some things that are contributing factors of "Global Warming" are harmful by themselves, (air pollution, fossil fuel dependency, industrialization) I believe that there are enough trees and plants on the Earth to clean the air to the point where it's not a problem.

Just some quick facts:

-Trees cover 9.6 billion acres (29.6% of Earth's total land area)

http://www.funtrivia.com/askft/Question96426.html

-There were about 450 million cars on the road in 2001

http://hypertextbook.com/facts/2001/MarinaStasenko.shtml

Since most adult trees are bigger than cars, you can clearly see that trees still outnumber cars. The total number of trees is of course, incalculable, so that's why I used land coverage instead.

@Balagor:

So do your own farts. And I think there are more people on this Earth farting than there are cows. We seemed to get along with the atmosphere before, even with us humans and cows farting in all.

@LegoManIAm94:

Yeah, that's another issue, and a more immediate and serious issue in my opinion. Good thing is the world is on its way to alternative sources of energy. I definately think it'll happen in my lifetime where nobody still uses oil for cars, and maybe I'll see the day where we don't use oil at all.