Locational Damage

EbrithilUmaroth

Hi, I'm Ebrithil Umaroth, the author of The Comprehensive List of the Best Mods for Skyrim on Reddit.

I love the idea of Locational Damage and it's something I feel should have been in the game to begin with but the only mod that does this is horrible.

Reasons it's horrible:

• It hasn't been updated in over a year, so people are reporting that on the latest version of Skyrim, this mod bloats and eventually corrupts your save data.
  • The scripts only seem to work half the time, if that.
  • Even when your shot does register, the script takes way too long to process.

A Better Locational Damage mod should be a top priority mod project.

Why do we have like 5 different "Needs" mods but only one crappy Locational Damage mod?

Link to the original mod: http://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/12615

Edited by EbrithilUmaroth

could you please explain what this mod does so we don't have to go find it? or at least add a link to it? its really not that im lazy because I will look it up, but it'd be nice to not have to do it myself.

on another note is the author still active?

could you please explain what this mod does so we don't have to go find it? or at least add a link to it? its really not that im lazy because I will look it up, but it'd be nice to not have to do it myself.

on another note is the author still active?

Locational Damage is pretty self-explanatory, damage done scales with the location on the body that was hit. For example, hitting an arm might be 50% damage, hitting the body is 100% damage, hitting the head is 200% damage, etc.

It's really important to archery, Locational Damage makes archery so much more fun and without it, Archery just feels bland and boring.

I added a link to the original post and no, the mod author isn't active anymore.

Deadly Combat mod has locational damage and it works much better then Locational Damage mod. No script lags and works all the times

I'm looking into this now, so far the most important thing I see is that it's not really configurable, all you can do is turn the Locational Damage on or off...

ah so like the Fallout games. yeah the mod that was suggested above is as good as I can do as well.

No, no, no, I'm not talking about a VATS system at all. If I was, I would have said that, no I'm looking for Locational Damage.

What I mean by Locational Damage is pretty self-explanatory, if you hit them in the arm, it does x amount of damage, if you hit them in the head, it does y amount of damage, if you hit them in the body, it does z amount of damage. It's not complicated.

It gets a bit more complicated when you add effects like staggering, disarming, and instant-kill it gets a bit more complicated. That stuff would be nice, since the original Locational Damage mod had all that stuff, but it's not as important as just having configurable damage amounts.

I've been testing Deadly Combat all day and I can't find any evidence that it actually has Locational Damage.

I want pretty much exactly what the original Locational Damage mod did except one that doesn't corrupt your save data and doesn't have script lag.

As far as concept goes, the Locational Damage mod had it almost spot on.