Game freezes when I pick a perk.

yoyoguy678

You run it to make merge patches. Then you'll get an esp file instead of multiple overhaul mods. It comes with instructions, so don't worry. I've forgotten to ask you, does it also happen when you start a new game and level up?

No, im playing a different charcter.

• 3 weeks later...

For a quick and dirty workaround to this problem, regardless (I assume) of the cause, open the console after you allocate your skill points and use the "cam" command. This closes the level up menu. You can do this even after you pick your perk so long as you do not hit that ill fated "done" button. It won't give you the perk however, but it does record your level up and you continue the game till you gain the exp. for the next level, in which you repeat. This is for the poor souls like myself who have no mod conflict issues to try and workout so troubleshooting this nasty problem simply isn't worth the time and effort.

To address the resulting problem of not getting anymore perks, there is a mod called "perk remodeler" on nexus which allows you to add and remove perks at will. or there is again, a console command for that too, but the mod allows you to work in bulk as apposed to the one perk at a time console method.

I don't see Fook2 in your order, but you have its level-up fixes? It is my understanding that the level up freeze was associated with the [DIK] part of Fook2.

-I had the level-up freeze at L28, turned off anything with [DIK] in it, leveled up just fine, then turned them back on...no issues.

I'm assuming you put those mods in due to your level up problem? If that's the case, I am at a loss...maybe it's your load order?

If you applied them before it, try turning them off/removing them altogether.

Since I do not know those mods just, a question: why use FOOK2 parts if I do not have FOOK2? have you tried to disable them? Should not those ESPs be expected to refer to FOOK2 resources it can't find? Does it conflict with another mod in my list?

Actually those questions should be expanded to any ESP when issues arise, better yet, before installing something new.

20th Century Weapons.esm

Try leveling without that mod enabled in Fomm. It worked for me. Strangely it was a one time problem. Once I got past the freeze without 20th century enabled, I've been able to level again 3 times now with that mod enabled. Unfortunately, since you will need to save your game after the level up without 20th century enabled, you will lose whatever weapons you've collected from that mod. You can console the weapons back into your inventory, or you can do like me and live without them and start collecting more. Thankfully this issue for me was just a one time deal and now it doesn't happen any longer. I have no idea why, as my load order was always in accordance to mod specifications. Also, while your at it, you may want to upgrade tot eh latest version of 20th century weapons.