Power Armor No Jump

vincer

Ive just started modding, nothing 100% done yet, mostly learning... but one thing i couldnt figure out was how to disable jump. I have no scripting abilitys.

So im asking if anyone can make it, or teach me how to. Basically, an object effect(if possible) so it can be attached to all power armors. Or a script that checks if theres a power armor equiped and then disabling jump.

Anyone knows how to?

Ive just started modding, nothing 100% done yet, mostly learning... but one thing i couldnt figure out was how to disable jump. I have no scripting abilitys.

So im asking if anyone can make it, or teach me how to. Basically, an object effect(if possible) so it can be attached to all power armors. Or a script that checks if theres a power armor equiped and then disabling jump.

Anyone knows how to?

The console has the "setgs fJumpHeightMin [number]" command, yet it's not what you seek. But the reason of this post is to advise you against doing it, mainly against doing it to all power armors. The reason is that is too much hindering and prevents the player to get to some places besides being Booooriiiinggg.

There is not even a "credibility" reason to do it, remember it is a "power" armor with motorized joints...

The reason is that is too much hindering and prevents the player to get to some places besides being Booooriiiinggg.

There is not even a "credibility" reason to do it, remember it is a "power" armor with motorized joints...

I see your point, but actually they were made for field combat only(and in the original games, never gave agility bonus). As infantry "jumping" isnt something vital, power armors are like a personal walking tank. Or at least, thats what they should have been... and in the original games, there wasnt no sort of jumping.

I asked for a single function but its actually something bigger. None of the overall balance mods did what i expected; Fook adds totally non-lore weapons(plus other stuff), FWE got close but lots of its changes arent based on the original games and so on. Im also making one that fits within other mods that arent compatible with overhauls. One of the various changes is that most clothes arent magical anymore...

So the idea here is to turn power armor a choice. I gave them huge stats and condition like in the old games so its still a obvious upgrade above all others... direct combat wise, at least. What im trying to do is to make some of the other armor and or clothes have some use in the end game depending or your character combat style and intended aproach. So yes, its suposed to be boring and yes, its suposed to stop you reaching some places. Power armor isnt for scouting, its for heavy fire direct combat.

My 'mod'(a bunch of some mods made compatible, plus lots of personal changes) is for personal use, but even if i ever release it, this "no-jump" will be optional. Thats also why ive requested a simple esp that does so, or how to simple change it. Im not the only one that prefer a harder game with important(and hard to do) choices, so i call it "a matter of taste".

For example, this package im doing is being balanced not counting fast travel, that it disables(i love the guy who made the caravans paid "fast travel" mod), and disabling the use of weapons depending if the player have one or both arms crippled. Consider it "hardcore wastelands", but a version that does not increase damage turning the game like a fps like many of the hardcore overhauls out there. So, no-jumping for a god-like armor as one of its few disvantages kinds of fits in.

PS: sorry, sometimes i write too much.

"setgs fJumpHeightMin [number]"

If it allows for such a low jump that its useless, then its enought for my needs. Can i create a base effect doing that, so i can enchant armors with it trought geck? Or it needs scripting?

I hadnt found this one yet, and man, i have being searching lots of references trough the geck wiki. If anyone can remenber any other command along these lines, please share.

Alternately, you could use FOSE to disable the jump control if the player has power armour equipped on their body. See these functions:

The best way to set up the SetNumericGameSetting version would be to use the same approach - have a quest script running in the background that detects when the player equips power armour on their body, and changes the state of the game setting to suit. This will ensure that your mod won't override any mods that add or change power armour in any way.

Cipscis