Proof of Multiplayer

ProsperXoXo

It amazes me that people still think the OP is conjuring all of this up as some kind of prank or blowing smoke up everyones ass...

Ive sat there and discussed in depth with him on numerous occasions as he worked out some of the greater challenges of such a prospect, what elements of the engine can be replicated over a network, which ones HAVE to be, how this can be done with the tools we have...

i Assure you 110% everything youve seen from this guy is his own work and is genuine, but dont take my word for it...

Just because 99% of people cant figure out a problem doesnt mean that last 1% are phonies, maybe they just attack the problem with a different approach.

Kinda like how if one were to take a modern automobile back in medieval days they would doubt them and suspect them of witchcraft and deceptions instead of taking the time to consider avenues that may be less travelled. (ie. scientific/technological innovation)

okay so i suck at metaphors, but the point is that there are gifted people out there in the world, blessed with the ability to think outside the box. The OP is one of those people.

I too have chated and discussed these things as well with the OP since this project was a seedling. I might not carry as much influence or respect as skree or any of you other old skoolers but i second what skree has said. The links are broken because the OP deleted the videos. If you had clicked the links when they were originally posted they would have worked fine and you could have seen the accomplishments...Remember this thread is kinda old...In my opinion anything that is an opinion about how "it cant be accomplished or how it cant exist or isn't worth the time" is negative energy and isn't needed in this thread. The OP is just doing his thing support him or dont post there's no reason for negative energy.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I had to accomplish, wasn't difficult. I had an idea that had a high chance for success, and because I felt it was in reach I did what any person who has as much time as me would do. However I am failing to meet a good deal of promises I have made. But as long as this game doesn't die, there is hope I will get something solid up for you all to witness again.

Anyone know how to install fallout 3 onto wine? ;)

Yeah I am using a different OS. Give me some time and I will try to resume this project. IF you want, checkout the forum: FO-MP.com

It amazes me that people still think the OP is conjuring all of this up as some kind of prank or blowing smoke up everyones ass...

Ive sat there and discussed in depth with him on numerous occasions as he worked out some of the greater challenges of such a prospect, what elements of the engine can be replicated over a network, which ones HAVE to be, how this can be done with the tools we have...

i Assure you 110% everything youve seen from this guy is his own work and is genuine, but dont take my word for it...

Just because 99% of people cant figure out a problem doesnt mean that last 1% are phonies, maybe they just attack the problem with a different approach.

Kinda like how if one were to take a modern automobile back in medieval days they would doubt them and suspect them of witchcraft and deceptions instead of taking the time to consider avenues that may be less travelled. (ie. scientific/technological innovation)

okay so i suck at metaphors, but the point is that there are gifted people out there in the world, blessed with the ability to think outside the box. The OP is one of those people.

I too have chated and discussed these things as well with the OP since this project was a seedling. I might not carry as much influence or respect as skree or any of you other old skoolers but i second what skree has said. The links are broken because the OP deleted the videos. If you had clicked the links when they were originally posted they would have worked fine and you could have seen the accomplishments...Remember this thread is kinda old...In my opinion anything that is an opinion about how "it cant be accomplished or how it cant exist or isn't worth the time" is negative energy and isn't needed in this thread. The OP is just doing his thing support him or dont post there's no reason for negative energy.

word.

to all skeptics i say go learn C++ and read up on reverse engineering. The possibilities are limited only by persistence

Remember, it was just a few expert modders with programming experience that made OBSE and FOSE, slight achievement there ;)

These guys arent just your average modders doing re-skins or nudie-armor variants like most modders... Alot of these guys could probably just write their own game engine, but its more fun to try and modify an existing one. Challenges are too hard to refuse.

That's all fine and noone said sth negative about it.

Yes that's actually right. But inventing an automobile is pointless without having an engine. So it would be a great idea to get the core part of the mod working first. All we have seen was a technical impressive but horrible choppy video. So I suggested earlier to get the core of the multi player mod working first. This would be the genuine thing you've spoken of. Instead of this the OP just made another great announcement, that this mod will have it own worlspace etc.

I won't use vanilla content! But I won't replace it or delete it either. Instead I am going to add new content which will exist only in my own worldspace(s). these worldspaces is where multiplayer will take place.

Now, everyone knows that this is just kind of extemely extensive work. Here I insisted: Wouldn'd it be cool to release just a working multiplayer (which can be in a small plane cell) and the OP will probably get any help he could imagine from people who know how to work on worlspaces, since this is that we almost all of us here can do.

But no, he just stayed in the mind of his histrionic post (sorry to say so) where he complained about the community because of a 'lag of believing'.

About the History of this Project.

There have been several occasions when apathetic individuals chose to visit my discussions to contribute non-negotiable perspectives. Without any

speculation needed, it was evident their view-points were solely forged for the purpose of openly discouraging me with prophetic claims that

stated my project is futile.

A second variation of personality included a deviation identical and yet parallel to the apathetic community members. This variation was in

contrast, mature enough to offer skepticism that was not unaccompanied. By that, I mean their approach was not to simply overwhelm my discussions

with negativity, but bolster their posts with substantial facts. The content of the substantial facts were actually diversions. Because they

would say a diverse amount of discernible things that any analytical peon would even be able of noticing when comparing a game built to be single

player to one built to be multiplayer.

The final category of nuisance I have encountered, is easily the most bothersome.. The person who chooses to enter my topics to post that they

are against my project and any sort of multiplayer because they ... prefer to be alone! Their imagination is fulfilling enough for them to only

want the game they play to be single-player, but not satisfactory enough for them to let others even have the chance to play alongside one

another!

That is about as much as I care to go over with, regarding people who hurt me and my project.

Next I have to admit.. In general no one cares presently about anything I accomplish unless it is absolutely brilliant...

Who is no one?

Bethesda's Fallout 3 Forum.

F3 Underground.

Fallout 3 Nexus.

NMA (no mutant's allowed counts right?)

DAC (duck and cover...another fallout site)

FOOKUNITY (yep I even got so desperate that I joined a forum only devoted to a single player mod).

and the only friends/team members I have... (but they have lives right? not me though..)

Until this post, I have tried to maintain my anger believing it would help maintain decency or dignity... but that proved to be the only thing I

believe to this day, has actually been futile.

I don't want an apology, I don't want absolute popularity, but I do want people to have the opportunity to read what I have written here, and

moderators to not touch this post. (if moderators do, I will consider it a unfair censorship of the truth, and proof that living with my autistic

disorder will never get easier).

In that point I just thought he failed since - to stay in automobile terms: His core of the multiplayer is not working yet. It's pointless to discuss the colors of the seats of the car, its pointless to critisize a 'lag of believing', it's even more pointless to bash the community.

So here is my question: Why should anyone fall in action, to design different seats with different colours and doing all the "ordinary average modder stuff" - without even having a working engine?

If feel that some of the critism in this thread is totally misunderstood. So lets say there are 2 groups of people, one who generally doesn't have much of a clue, saying it's impossible, it's a fake video, etc. But believe it or not, there are other people out there with some programming skills and expierience, or just with a decent amount of common sense and a grasp of the challenges such a project would involve.

How each group should be treated: Ignore group 1 (don't feed the trolls policy), discuss with group 2. What happened instead is that you basically accuse people of trolling who were looking for a discussion.

And if I may, a word of advice, you should just work on your attitude. Let's say, for example, your defending your master thesis and someone says something like "Well, do you really think what you did there was a good idea?", will you talk down to the reviewers and start telling them about genius and small minds who fail to comprehend it and the evil world? In best case, they will laugh at you for that and never ever take you seriously again.

If feel that some of the critism in this thread is totally misunderstood. So lets say there are 2 groups of people, one who generally doesn't have much of a clue, saying it's impossible, it's a fake video, etc. But believe it or not, there are other people out there with some programming skills and expierience, or just with a decent amount of common sense and a grasp of the challenges such a project would involve.

How each group should be treated: Ignore group 1 (don't feed the trolls policy), discuss with group 2. What happened instead is that you basically accuse people of trolling who were looking for a discussion.

And if I may, a word of advice, you should just work on your attitude. Let's say, for example, your defending your master thesis and someone says something like "Well, do you really think what you did there was a good idea?", will you talk down to the reviewers and start telling them about genius and small minds who fail to comprehend it and the evil world? In best case, they will laugh at you for that and never ever take you seriously again.

Yes yes some people are being harsh, but your argument has a serious flaw. Not everyone in group 1 in trolls. Heavy skills in programming can only go so far without a chance of COMPLETELY breaking your game and heavy glitches and lag. This is a mod we are talking about, and creating your whole on program will be against User Agreement, etc. This game isn't designed for multiplayer at all. If anything, it will be small, petty "battlegrounds" which will only be interesting for a limited time let alone lasting user base to play with. And like some others have mentioned. extremely time consuming. With what I said earlier with major glitches and bugs caused by such a mod, a lot of things will not work such as you will need to auto-hotkey items and get around Pip menu system let alone using different mods and getting things to work correctly with other custom content. A good idea, but you have serious issues to face. Good luck, your going to need it. Edit: Forgot to mention the VATS problems mentioned earlier.

Most of what you have mentioned has been taken into account and has been dealt with or has been taken into account. I personally dont understand why people care so much about the time consuming and work input required by the OP, you are not the one doing the work the OP is why do you care so much? Anything that's big and worth doing is going to be time consuming and require a lot of work but i dont see other large mods like Skree's or Tony's being criticized for the amount of work it will take...And those have just as much work if not more required to make them doable.

Just thought I would drop by and mention I have fallout 3 installed now. I also have been modding fallout 2 (yes two), for recreational fun. What might be good news is, programming is looking very attractive again the more I re-read some of the posts in this topic. Really the best way to put it, is like so many others have, "it is done, when it is done". But there is an exception to that, because there is also no guarantee completeness will ever come.

I will aim for creating the core or framework that does only the basics first. It should be interesting to see exactly how different New Vegas will be. Tomorrow I will try to post here again.

• 1 month later...