Isn't there a Thief/Mage guild conflict

Kasey24

Hey guys,

I'm playing vanilla and seem to recall seeing somewhere that a Thief guild quest conflicts with a mage guild quest. In other words, where do I need to stop doing Thief guild quests and how far do I need to be in the mages guild quests before going back to finish the Theif guild?

Thanks for any help.

no conflict exists if:

1 ) you use the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (on Tesnexus)

or

2 a ) you don't get caught while robbing the guild while on the specific quest to get the staff

and

2 b ) You don't kill any Mage's guild member - especially while going after the arrow

or

3 ) you complete the Mage's guild line first (so you outrank every mage involved)

no conflict exists if:

1 ) you use the Unofficial Oblivion Patch (on Tesnexus)

or

2 a ) you don't get caught while robbing the guild while on the specific quest to get the staff

and

2 b ) You don't kill any Mage's guild member - especially while going after the arrow

or

3 ) you complete the Mage's guild line first (so you outrank every mage involved)

#1 Check!

#2a what kind of thief gets caught :whistling:

#2b that would violate the thief code :confused:

#3 that's probably not gonna happen unless #2a & b prove more difficult than expected :wallbash:

:thanks: for the info.

• 1 month later...

There is one thing that doesn't go well with Thieves and Mages guild.

*SPOILER*

When you're doind a quest for the Gray Fox where you have to steal some arrow from Fathis Uren's (probably spelled his name wrong) tower. The Gray Fox allows you to kill him but not in the castle. Though if you are a member of the Mages Guild and if you would kill Fathis you would be banished from the Mages Guild because Fathis is a mage and sometimes hangs out in Bravil Mages Guild. But of course you can sneak past him and steal the arrow. :sweat: