I was working on a mod, and then I saved

Yamcakes

I went to wrye bash to see if the date was modified, but there was some error message, and so I closed it and re-opened it, and then it said some missing files were removed from the load list. My mod, and all of the masters I had used for it were the ones removed. I did not delete them, they just vanished into thin air while I was working on them. Is there any way for me to recover them?

If you are using Vista(not sure about Windows 7) and have Oblivion installed in Program Files, then any file you edit will move somewhere else. Easiest way to move them back is start up OMM and select yes when it asks to move files back.

I'm using windows 7, and verytime I choose "yes" in OMM, OMM encounters an error. So Ialways select "no" I have it running as an admin, and so is oblivion, wrye bash, and all other programs I use. I checked the virtual store, the filesare not there, and I constantly mod, this being the first problem.

Usually when using vista or windows 7 its better to install oblivion to another location other than the default one. If you want to use it in the default location you have to make sure you run every exe file as admin(this includes OBSE, OBMM, the CS etc, basically every executable file you have in the oblivion folder and subfolders too i think), to do this you can right click on the file, choose properties, go to the compatibility tab and check "run this program as an administrator".

If you have OBMM check the FAQ in the readme, question 16 in the faq speaks about this problem. The readme is located in the Oblivion\obmm folder.

Hope this helps :thumbsup:

Cheers

If you took a different approach to modding and didn't use Wrye Bash and OMODs this problem would not occur. I am not exactly sure what your situation is, but the problem you describe never happens to me when using TES CS and Windows Explorer.

On my computer with Vista, it is essential that Oblivion not be in the default location where the misguided security system can prevent me from using my programs.

I am not really sure of the circumstances, so if my input is inappropriate to the situation or does not make any sense, ignore it.