GOTY worth it?

Rixirite

I bought GOTY and it is no different than buying the game and expansions pretty much. All you get is everything together cheaper than buying seperately.

But since you have all the other stuff to go with fo3 itself, I would recommend that you not buy GOTY at all. Maybe in the future you will sell them and then buy GOTY.

Mothership is a joke really in my mind. It is just a funny extra thing to do with little meaning. But if you want to get it, thats fine too. Maybe you will enjoy it more than did.

Hey, I would have posted in the discussion but since this involves the game and its content I thought it would be best written and said in here. A while ago (Mid-2009) I bought Fallout 3, and then I bought a combo DLC pack featuring Operation Anchorage, and The Pitt. I was going to buy the second content pack that has DLC Broken Steel and Point Lookout, however I have noticed that the GOTY edition actually has a physical copy of Mothership Zeta. I love the Fallout 3 setting, gameplay, and visuals. It has impressed me with high replay value and fun. I would like to know however: Is it worth getting the second DLC pack or should I shoot for the GOTY?

Is Broken Steel, and Point Lookout any good? I heard some criticism about Mothership Zeta, but it does add new quests and content which I like a lot. However before I make a move I need some of you guys to tell me what you think. Should I spend 20 bucks on two DLC's or 50 bucks to get the game along with all the DLC's excluding the two DLC's I already own?

There is my query.

I have GOTY PS3 Edition. I'm 103 (Productive) hours into the game on my character, and I have enjoyed it thoroughly. This is my 2nd attempt at Fallout 3 (The first, I feel I played the game wrong and didn't do any story, and just ran around killing and exploring).

I've completed every expansion except Broken Steel, and still have a lot to do in the game. The only con I can say is that the game freezes, and has frame rate issues really badly sometimes that I need to turn off my PS3, and reload a Quicksave. However, I'm unpatched, and can't patch it anyway because I don't have access to PSN, I need a router. So the con might only affect me, not you.

Mothership Zeta is alright, the upside of it, is the weapons you gain.

Point Lookout's story is short, and it's a good expansion but nothing to return to once you've finished the place, unless you are bored, and get special items.

Broken Steel adds some awesome traits to the mix, and they'll make you super powerful depending on how you play. I have yet to touch the story part of it because I want to do everything else before wrapping it up.

So, it's really up to you if you want to buy GOTY (Just remember it doesn't add anything new that the original or the expansions themselves as standalone already have). For me, it has been worth the money because I bought it as one package, for you however, it really comes down to how you wish to burn a hole in your wallet...

Go with what ever is the cheapest method.

Well, I bought the DLC pack that features Broken Steel and Point Lookout, then I bought Mothership zeta through Mircosoft Games for Windows Live. There is a method of playing DLC downloaded from live without needing to connect to the internet. You simply cut and paste your DLC's content to the Fallout 3 data folder and viola!

Mothership Zeta is alright, the upside of it, is the weapons you gain.

if you just want weapons and you have it for the PC, I still don't think it's wroth shelling out money for. The guns are good, but you can mod guns and there are like a million weapon packs out there, with compatible ammo too. Not to mention they would be much more lore friendly (I like fallout classic weapons personally, 19/20th century guns are good too)

Mothership Zeta is cool, I seemed to like it beside the cheesy story line. Lots of combat and I like the interactions with the ship. Mothership Zeta in a sense is like the retro-futurist concepts of "ufo's" and the aliens. The guns seemed kind of too fictional for my liking, but nevertheless there is nothing like atomizing a raider's head. The space walk seemed kind of short, there should have been more to it in my opinion. There are lots of goodies in Mothership Zeta plus it becomes a new player house. It seems like I missed some rare items I could have got but didn't search thorough enough. The bummer is: if you complete the main quest you get locked out from some parts of the ship where you would find the rare items.

There was a funny moment when I was in the cryo lab, and I revived the raiders. When they started to attack the aliens in that room, the first thing they did was say: "I'm gonna rip your f*cking throat out!" and beat the aliens to death. I lol'd..

I am finding Mothership to be a mix of boredom and excitement all in one. I was surprised by a few little things, and dismayed at a lot more. The little shielded aliens, surprise. Some of the interesting logs. surprise. Taking out almost every alien and non combat drone easily, boring. Not being able to interact or take any of the alien stuff, boring.

Personally, I am thinking throughout the entire thing, at least I have a lot of alien stuff to sell. Oh yeah and.. the food.. wow, I do not even think a half starved, drugged out raider would eat the worms.

But I will reserve a final opinion until I am through it all the way. WIth the way I play, it drives me nust to leave so much stuff behind, knowing that I will not or cannot come back to it. Oh well..

~Mal

"But I will reserve a final opinion until I am through it all the way. WIth the way I play, it drives me nust to leave so much stuff behind, knowing that I will not or cannot come back to it. Oh wel"

Stash your stuff in containers near where everyone waits for you, after Zeta is done you can come back and get it or just move into the ship! ;)

It is funny, because I have a UFO home in space and I come back and take s**t from Outcasts who think they are more advanced than me. "Hey local, shouldn't you be banging rocks together or something?"

Nah, I am banging fission batteries together.. So watch out!