Animal Manslaughter?

species5478

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, but the reason some animals kill doesn't convince me they're safe to be around either: instincts. If an animal with killer instincts attacks a person without the person's provocation then the animal is at fault.

Or you´r perhaps just inside its domaine :thumbsup:

Balagor, really?

Okay, I'll admit that Jeff-Corwin-Style running up to a lion and being surprised when he whacks you while you shove a video camera in his nose is idiotic, but there's certainly a difference between say, being an Inuit, and being Jeff Corwin.

The first is that when you're an Inuit it's your domain too. The second is that when you're an Inuit you're trying to avoid the animal, not run up to it and do something immensely annoying with your big black shiny "paw." The third is that when you're Jeff Corwin you could have your camera crew kill the thing at will; when you're an Inuit you have very little hope of surviving.

I fully understand that Inuit's do not live in Africa, I chose two fairly generic apex-predators (well...... Polar bears sometimes get eaten by killer whales, but that's kinda rare)....