Soul Gem Fragment Crafting Station

DaemonGrin

I was looking for a way to turn soul gem fragments into empty soul gems found one but it makes no sense to me IMHO to use the blacksmith forge to make them. So I was wondering if any of the talented people here cause I'm not one when it comes to CK ~.~ to make a custom station to reform the fragments into empty soul gems. My idea is there are 5 soul gems petty, lesser, common, greater and grand (excluding black soul gems I'll touch on this later) and there are 5 different size fragments that easily match the gem you want to make. Each would require 3 frags.

Now my idea for a custom crafting station would require dawnguard DLC thought it would be cool to use the reaper soul gem mechanic where you collect all three reaper frags and they are removed from your inventory and float in a little beam of light. Except the crafting you would select the recipe to craft then the materials would be removed and float. Add some kind of light flash to hide the switch of the frags into a empty gem. Maybe use an enchanting table model or alchemy table with new textures/modified textures.

For crafting empty black soul gems I think it should require 3 empty grand soul gems and a something else to facility the conversion into a gem to contain humanoid souls first thing to come to mind is heartstone from dragonborn dlc or human heart, skull, something dark.

But for a simpler method just a renamed and retextured alchemy table or the dragonborn spider bomb maker thingy or something XD with only the soul gem fragment recipes available to it I would be a happy camper.

If you know of one other then the blacksmith one let me know I'll check it out.

Thanks,

Geoff

• 1 year later...

Great idea....I'm level 63 and have been collecting every soul gem fragment I have ever found throughout the game and have them securely stashed away in a lock box in my Breezehome waiting for a cool mod allowing one to craft soul gems and so far it's just crafting them at a forge......

Just another idea to add to yours is the possibilty of using the portable enchanting table from Frostfall as a model....

Thanks for sharing your idea and hopefully someone will take it to the next level.....Cheers!!!