Morrowind and You

LordWushin

I woud like to your story on how you started to play Morrowind, even if you played another tes game before it and if so how you got to playing that one.

My uncle was and still is a computer programmer and technician. Because of his background he was really into video games. My family decided to visit my grandparents one day, who lived with my uncle.

So when we were there, of course we unpack and what not, but before we could settle down after the seven hour trip, my dads brother come up to my dad and says he wants to show him and I something.

Now my uncle was a nice and quite guy. No noise was his policy in his house, so going in his room was off limits. but we wnet to his room and I remember it like penthouse in a bedroom style.

He told us to sit on his bed and watch his computer. Now I was still playing games for children when he showed us this game that just started up on the launcher. The music after starting the game was wonderful like angels wrote it. The graphics where so different and unique to me. He said the name was Morrowind and that this game was a revolutionary game in his mind.

When he said that I could play for a little, I literally jumped out of my chair and flew to his computer. I started from scatch and ended with a Bosmer character that was a magic blunt assassin.

Never in the world did I ever expect to be able to make a character that fitted me so perfectly. I was over joyed and I began crying when my uncle said that he bought me and my dad a copy.

*song que I'm in Heaven*

I have never been happier than that day in my life, except several times but not about games ;)

Tell me some more good stories.

Well I first played Morrowind. I saw my brother playing it and I thought it was boring. But them he made me try it and it was quite fun. I was an Argonian Assassin and under the Shadow. I joined the theives guild and played in Redoran locations. It was on the Xbox and we never had GOTY. Then I heard of mods you can make for Morrowind but on PC so I switch and got GOTY and liked it even more.

Well, I always liked RPG/strategy games, but I just didn't knew that at first. It was during my 5th grade when one of my friends introduced me to Nox. A very nice game that I enjoyed playing for months. Then the same friend told me about Morrowind. He was so happy about it and I asked him if it's better than Nox. He said not better, it's the best game there is. So I got the game and the rest is history. It was like he said the best game and for me it still is. :)

As with Pushkatu, I liked strategy and rpgs. I was starting to move over to rpgs more and more. Then a friend gave me the game, he borrowed it from the library but said he didn't understand a thing of it didn't liked it enough so he gave it to me. (Lol, I was amazed games were apparently available at a the library.). Soon after I got that interested enough to buy the game. Right when I finished most of the quests bloodmoon got out. For some strange reason the Tribunal was released far after that in my region. (They probably thought it wasn't worth investing in before. Of course, then the GOTY got out and things changed.)

I mainly played imperials and dunmers. I didn't stop playing other games, but the time give to morrowind and modding it has been the longest time I spend to a game. (Although oblivion is getting close to it.) I think it's still a great game, the only turndown every time I play it is that the combat system is old. Besides that its lore is one of the best I seen in games. (oblivion lacking a lot of that.) I think I can say everyone that has played it before oblivion got out can tell about the 'Morrowind Feeling/Atmosphere', which no other game has yet successfully obtained.

I started playing Oblivion after my friend introduced me to it. I had finished the main quest and most of the guild quests before I discovered mods. From there I found TESNexus, from there Morrowind. I wouldn't have played it if my computer hadn't gone through a series of unfortunate events and my disk got scratched. I ended up buying Morrowind because Oblivion wouldn't have worked on my laptop. Since I started on Morrowind I haven't looked back, although I've never actually finished the main quest...

I rented Morrowind for the XBox once played for a few minutes.

Got to Balmora, everyone was mean to me, well, except Hul.

(Made the mistake of talking to the Dunmer guys on the roof).

I took it back and didn't rent it again. I was lost and

seemingly had nothing to do. I couldn't find any of the

buildings as there was no signs and everyone was a jerk.

Then much later I bought the Game of the Year copy at a

sort of flea market. It wasn't that much, and I figured

"Game of the Year" meant I should have it for posterity's

sake (I have many games I've never opened).

So, I played the game and got a start-up guide of the

internet. It told me exactly how to make a good thief

character, what attributes to pick, etc.

I always played Imperials and used the sign of the Lady so I

could have the better personality score, made conversations

easier and I got less rude reactions.

It then told me all this stuff I could do that I didn't think I could.

I could steal. Anything that wasn't bolted down. I could flat out murder

people because they happened to be in a house I wanted to use. I could

steal everything down to the mop bucket and sell it off (and I did).

Ironically, I didn't like the game because everyone was

a jerk, until I realized how free I was to be, myself, a jerk.

Then I found the PC version on sale and discovered mods.

Your in for a real treat then AzirAphale001.

Now second half of my story.

I was at school. University school! No real internet because of a block they had. And no Xbox, no PS3, not even a wii. Life was the pits. I had a room mate who was a hardcore gamer of everything. He showed me a computer he bought and beefed up. He had this game on it called Oblivion, another TES game. I was so happy to see someone that was like me, partly.

We literally played Oblivion every night for several hours. Then finally I remembered Morrowind! I showed him the game and he instantly got hooked, although he was not happy with it a lot because of big differences between the two. We played all the year away. But it was well worth it.

Not only did I get back into the TES series I found a new game Oblivion. When fallout 3 came out we played that too. It was pretty good but not like Oblivion.

• 2 weeks later...
Saw GOTY on a shelf in a store somewhere, looked at the back of the box, thought it looked nice. I figured it would be turn based and fairly limited, but I hoped not. I bought it and was very pleasantly surprised. Especially when, after exploring the surroundings of Seyda Neen for a while, I examined the world map for the first time. I was like :huh: did I REALLY only explore such a tiny part of the map so far?

• 1 month later...

I found the MORROWIND demo with an ATI card. I did not like shoot em ups much. When I got my Dunmer character all set up I moved through Seyda Neen feeling a bit of drudgery, to the focus...I got killed by a "MudKrab"! I was seeing my own sense of weakness in mind felt pity for the character, until I began to realize it seemed more like I was the character, and found out, I could scour the range like a young lad. I had to be more patient, learn to fight with the tools given, and while gathering mushrooms I discovered an Axe in a tree stump. I felt like I had found the key to all my troubles fending off mudkrabs.

I was going to tough it and fight until I was a strong warrior. With the iron knife in hand I attacked, and then, I stepped back into the water to keep a mudkrab from killing me as I used evasive maneuvers, to escape from certain death, and...I got killed by a bunch of, "Slaughterfish"! It was getting so I had to restart the game over and over from the boat arrival. Then I learned about the, "F5" key...I was hooked. "Quick Save" is an awesome tool.

Then I found out something marvelous! I had a spell in my abilities. I could walk on water and better avoid the dirty duo with disease and foul teeth.

I could have been practicing it all that time. Doah! Then I figured out what that other spell was. A flame spell, which burned those mudkrabs to death in a couple of casts, as I backed away slowly walking on water.

I headed for the hills, I climbed the mountains, and I got killed by a, "CliffRacer".