61 members have voted

1. 1. What Do You Prefer?

• Male Character
    • Female Character

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Male if I'm playing it seriously. Everytime. And I have nmo particular reason why... strangely enough. I can certainly understand all the above reasons, both for male and for female, but none of them match my own. Heh.

I've made a few femmes, but the main reason for it has been to create my own custom CMs or change an NPC's appearance. Oh the wonders of modding, eh?

I have a female charector that I'm currently working on, but its primarily for my little lady, because she can't be bothered doing the hard part. :D I'm just gonna complete the main quest then cut her loose on mods and side quests once her toon is up to strength (sort of)

Jenrai

Used to play a girl , now i play a guy after i fasioned him (or tried to anyway, anybody who can help me is welcome too) too my hero from my stories i write :D

:thumbsup:

Same here. All my characters are from a story I wrote. One actually inspired a new one (yes the game inspired a character for serious writing, but there's more to it than that).

Except mine is female.

Same as girls above, I'm female playing female only. I cannot relate to a male character I guess.

And If I ever wanted to play a guy, I'd like to make him handsome and cute but not to girlsh (aaah, maybe that's a little immature, but i'd rather had the johny depp type sweet evil mage than some generic dull nord warrior :P), and the are not many posibillities - I don't like Ren's male mystic elves, and I don't know any other male face beauty mod. The vanilla ones are just ugly :P

Pretty much evenly split at this point.

I used to play nothing but male characters (since I'm male) and I'd end up basically projecting an idealized version of myself into the game. And not just with this game, but with all RPGs. But it was with Oblivion that I finally got past that.

I actually discovered it after the fact, but playing a female character made it so that I couldn't just cruise through the game, just doing whatever I wanted to do next. That's not why I did it originally-- I did it originally because I had an armor mod that included some female-only pieces and I wanted to play a character who could wear them, and because I just wanted to see what it was like. But the thing I discovered playing a female character is that I had to actually create a personality for her and figure out what she wanted to do next. She couldn't just be "me in the game" but had to be an entirely separate person, which relegated me pretty much to the role of observer. I couldn't just do what I'd do, but instead had to figure out and understand who she was so that she would end up doing what she would do. That really opened things up for me, since I was no longer just slogging through the game, making the same old choices and doing the same old things, but was instead creating new and interesting characters, then just sort of standing back and watching while they did whatever they did.

For a while there, I played pretty much nothing but female characters, but then, once I started getting the hang of just letting them do their own thing rather than imposing my choices on them, I started creating some male characters again. But characters who were completely unlike me, and again, who simply did whatever they did, rather than whatever I would do if it was me.

At this point, I don't really have a preference. It's just whatever's appropriate for the character.