OMOD? and QTP3R?

Sauvage

First question:

When you deactivate an OMOD, does it revert your Data folder to what it changed or just delete what it installed?

Example: If I was to install some small texture packs then make an OMOD of QTP3Redimized and activate it, then deactivate the OMOD, would any overwrites that the OMOD made to my small texture packs revert or would it simply delete all the files that it added to the Data folder?

Second question:

If I am running mods like FCOM, Better Cities, UL Compilation, etc, when would I want to install QTP3R?

First question:

When you deactivate an OMOD, does it revert your Data folder to what it changed or just delete what it installed?

Example: If I was to install some small texture packs then make an OMOD of QTP3Redimized and activate it, then deactivate the OMOD, would any overwrites that the OMOD made to my small texture packs revert or would it simply delete all the files that it added to the Data folder?

Second question:

If I am running mods like FCOM, Better Cities, UL Compilation, etc, when would I want to install QTP3R?

Delete what it installed. You must reinstall every mod overwrote by the actual being disabled, even if that other was installed last (that is one reason OBMM can't grant a backup, it can't return just some files, it would need to return the whole overlapped mod, something where possible not always would be wished).

Sorry I have no answer to the second question, hope someone will come to help. Yet the common sense says the last thing installed prevails, it is sometimes true to anything that overlaps another, always true if it overwrites.

Delete what it installed. You must reinstall every mod overwrote by the actual being disabled, even if that other was installed last (that is one reason OBMM can't grant a backup, it can't return just some files, it would need to return the whole overlapped mod, something where possible not always would be wished).

Sorry I have no answer to the second question, hope someone will come to help. Yet the common sense says the last thing installed prevails, it is sometimes true to anything that overlaps another, always true if it overwrites.

Thanks nosisab. That makes sense.

For my second question I am guessing the best way to do it is install QTP3 first. That way I don't mess up any changes from other mods. I just worry that some of these mods might be writing in lower rez textures over QTP3, when QTP3's would have worked fine.

I just worry that some of these mods might be writing in lower rez textures over QTP3, when QTP3's would have worked fine.

Thats just what youll end up doing. But QTP only makes things pretty (and harder on the machine). To "overlap" it isnt risky at all. Dont be afraid to take the texture pack apart and install only what you think needs new hirez textures, but if you want to see those changes you should install QTP last and avoid any textures you think may conflict.

I just worry that some of these mods might be writing in lower rez textures over QTP3, when QTP3's would have worked fine.

Thats just what youll end up doing. But QTP only makes things pretty (and harder on the machine). To "overlap" it isnt risky at all. Dont be afraid to take the texture pack apart and install only what you think needs new hirez textures, but if you want to see those changes you should install QTP last and avoid any textures you think may conflict.

Do agree completely. The only risk involving textures overwriting is them not being what you expect. If every mod changed only resolutions QTP should be the last to install. But if the "looking" is the mod's raison d'être it's lost, despite no technical conflict arises.

That is my second answer's "why".

PS: sorry my English may not be enough to be clear as I wish, by "looking" above I mean a complete change in the image, not only it's resolution.