So has Nexus mods been wasting their time?

LOL50015

I honestly never understood why NMM or MO are needed?... Doing everything manually is much more reliable, and installing mods to Skyrim is very easy for everyone. If you have lots of mods and you suspect compatibilty issues - all you need is Wrye Bash and BOSS.

The possibility to have five different characters, each one with a different set of mods to support the playstyle of that specific character is invaluable to me.

It takes about 3 minutes, tick/untick mods mods for specific character, rebuild patch in Wrye (or have preset like bashed1/2/3) check in BOSS and launch the game. I keep playing with 3 characters like this, never had a problem rly.

Good for you then. A question, how do you manage things like texture replacers? Specifically, how do you install/uninstall them and keep track of which file has been overwritten by which? Since the only replacers I use are downsized vanila/mod textures it's not an issue for me, but I imagine it should get pretty tedious for people who like their everything HD.

I never felt the need to use MO. Tried it once and liked NMM more. It's simple and works fine. I have my Skyrim quite optimized and merged many compatible mods together to keep my mod list small so I have no need to swap files in and out for different characters.

NMM supports a lot more games? Hmmmm. You guys also notice that Bethesda games are like %99 percent of Nexus, right? I check this website on a daily basis but I never used it for any other games than Bethesda games. Of course this is just me, and there are people that use NMM for other games, but do you guys seriously believe they are a lot? And worth giving up some useful features for your most visited games? If so, all I can say is good luck.

Good for you then. A question, how do you manage things like texture replacers? Specifically, how do you install/uninstall them and keep track of which file has been overwritten by which? Since the only replacers I use are downsized vanila/mod textures it's not an issue for me, but I imagine it should get pretty tedious for people who like their everything HD.

I just have same set of textures for every character, chose prettiest set and using it for all, don't see much of a sense in switching it for any reason, but its users choice of course. I guess doing it manually will take more time.

you find what you like in lfe and you use it,its that simple,dont understand the childish "mines better than yours" when it comes to programs or anything computer based,its just a tin box with lights on,..

have friends always saying macs are the best,had one,not for me and so i use a pc because i know how it works and am happy with it,same goes for nmm.

who the fk cares what you think, just go away and live your own life and stop interfering in everybody elses..

:mellow: