The Skyrim Character Creation Mod

RedGalaxy

First: I know of the Character Creation Overhaul. However, I feel that it has issues, mainly with balancing, since you'd be level 1, but you'd have stats 40 or higher, which is a bit on the overpowered side for level one in Skyrim.

Now, on to the main post. A full layout for this mod that I'd love some help with.

The biggest issue I had with Skyrim, from the start, 3 years ago, when this game came out, was the character creator. I hated how the classes were taken away. To me, it felt like a part of TES series was gone, and no more, so I looked for mods that could fix this. At first, there were none, then their were some that went to far and some that only had the basics... nothing that really hit the sweet spot of what I was looking for...

but to be honest, I had no idea what I was looking for... until recently, when I sat down, and decided to bang out a rough layout of what I'd like a Skyrim Character Creator to look like. I started with what I felt was wrong with the vanilla creator. Besides the fact that there were no classes, I hated how every character I created no matter the race, felt the same from the beginning. They all had similar skill layouts, and spells. The only thing that felt truly unique were the powers.

So, that's where I started, and as I started writing, everything sort of filled itself in as I moved forward. So, here's what I have.

First All stats start at a base of 5 before race or class is implemented.

Then each race has 3 major skills and 3 minor skills. Major skills get a +10 and minor skills get a +5

Then you have your class, also with 6 skills, however, they're handled a little differently. Instead of 3 and 3, you get 1 primary skill, 2 majors and 3 minors. The primary skill gets a +15

Now, I wanted something else that would separate the classes a bit more as well. So, I decided on two other things as well. One, I decided to take away the default spells... which I feel was stupid to force upon the character to begin with, and instead, give a single starting novice spell to the classes that use spells.

The second thing is I decided that each classes skills level up faster then all other spells. Primary might level up 15% faster, while the majors level up 10% and the minor skills 5%, though these numbers are not set in stone.

Of course, if the classes are given control over how fast a skill levels up, then something has to be done with the Guardian Stones. That's when I decided that the Guardian Stones should fortify their skills by 5-10 points, depending on balance.

Now, that does mean, that by the time you reach Riverwood, and you chose, say a Nord Barbarian with the Warrior Stone that gives +10, you will have a 40+ Two-Handed Skill, or if it only gives +5, then you'll have 35+ Two-Handed skill... but again, still in early phases...

Below are the basic outlines I created for each race and Oblivion class.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RACES

High Elf -
-Major - Illusion, Destruction, Enchanting
--Minor - Conjuration, Restoration, Alteration

Argonian -
-Major - Lock-picking, Sneak, Alteration
--Minor - Light Armor, Pickpocket, Restoration

Wood Elf -
-Major - Archery, Sneak, Alchemy
--Minor - Light Armor, Lock-picking, Pickpocket

Breton -
-Major - Conjuration, Alteration, Alchemy
--Minor - Speech, Illusion, Restoration

Dark Elf -
-Major - Destruction, Illusion, Sneak
-- Minor - Light Armor, Alteration, Alchemy

Imperial -
-Major - Restoration, Block, Heavy Armor
--Minor - Destruction, Enchanting, One-Handed

Khajiit -
-Major - Sneak, Pickpocket, Lock-picking
--Minor - One-Handed, Alchemy, Archery

Nord -
-Major - Two-Handed, Light Armor, Smithing
-- Minor - Speech, One-Handed, Block

Orc -
-Major - Heavy Armor, Smithing, Enchanting
--Minor - One-Handed, Two-Handed, Block

Red Guard -
-Major - One-Handed, Archery, Block
--Minor - Alteration, Destruction, Smithing

CLASSES - Combat

Archer - (Best with Bows in all Combat)
-Primary - Archery
--Major - One-Handed, Light Armor
---Minor - Sneak, Smithing, Alchemy

Barbarian - (Rampaging Hulks who wield Large Weapons)
-Primary - Two-Handed
--Major - Light Armor, Block
---Minor - Smithing, Alchemy, One-Handed

Crusader - (Single-Minded Warriors who use magic to help increase their own survivability)

Spell - Healing
-Primary - One-Handed
--Major - Restoration, Heavy Armor
---Minor - Smithing, Enchanting, Destruction

Knight - (Loyal Soldiers who have been trained since boy-hood to be the best they can be.)

Spell - Courage
-Primary - One-Handed
--Major - Heavy Armor, Block
---Minor - Illusion, Speech, Two-Handed

Rogue - (Devilishly clever, Rogues can either take your purse, or talk you into giving it to them.)
-Primary - Sneak
--Major - Speech, Alchemy
---Minor - One-Handed, Archery, Light-Armor

Scout - (Best at dual-wielding, Scouts can move quickly in and out of battle)
-Primary - One-Handed
--Major - Light Armor, Alchemy
---Minor - Smithing, Sneak, Archery

Warrior - (Masters of all form of physical combat, they like to mix up their tactics to fit a given situation)
-Primary - One-Handed
--Major - Heavy Armor, Block
---Minor - Two-Handed, Smithing, Light-Armor

CLASSES - Magic

Battlemage - (Combat Artists who use both weapons and magic on the field.)

Spell - Frostbite
-Primary - Destruction
--Major - One Handed, Alteration
---Minor - Conjuration, Light-Armor, Enchanting

Healer - (When your injured, and looking for a friend, there is no one else you want by your side then a well trained Healer.)

Spell - Healing
-Primary - Restoration
--Major - Illusion, Alchemy
---Minor - Destruction, Alteration, Speech

Mage - (Those who study life-times to master the arcane. Mages are masters of all forms of magic.)

Spell - Flames
-Primary - Destruction
--Major - Conjuration, Enchanting
---Minor - Alteration, Illusion, Restoration

Nightblade - (No one fears a healer, but everyone fears the Nightblade. S/He who kills for profit using both stealth and magic.)

Spell - Fury
-Primary - Illusion
--Major - Sneak, One-Handed
---Minor - Alchemy, Archery, Destruction

Sorcerer - (Wearers of heavy armor, Sorcerers are to be feared for their great control over Atronachs.)

Spell - Conjure Familiar
-Primary - Conjuration
--Major -Enchanting, Destruction
---Minor - Heavy Armor, Alteration, Smithing

Spellsword - (Commonly confused with the Battlemage, Spellswords can be seen running any Battlefield in a heavy breast plate, slinging fireballs at the enemy along side their fellow warriors.)

Spell - Oakflesh
-Primary - Alteration
--Major - One-Handed, Heavy Armor
---Minor - Restoration, Block, Destruction

Witch hunter - (Hardly ever seen, the Witch Hunter is the best at what he does, and that's eliminate any and all opposing magic-users in his path.)

Spell - Bound Bow
-Primary - Conjuration
--Major - Archery, Alteration
---Minor - Sneak, Alchemy, Lock-pick

Classes - Stealth

Acrobat - (Those who are hardest to see, because they are always moving, and always in the shadow.)
-Primary - Sneak
--Major - Archery, One-Handed
---Minor - Lock-pick, Speech, Block

Agent - (Also known as a Spy, Agents can talk their into and out of any situation without a blink of an eye.)
-Primary - Speech
--Major - Sneak, Light Armor
---Minor - One-Handed, Alchemy, Lock-pick

Assassin - (Never taking sides, the assassin is the one called in when someone needs to be taken out.)
-Primary - Alchemy
--Major - Sneak, Archery
---Minor - Lock-pick, Pickpocket, One-Handed

Bard - (The storytellers, and soothsayers of the world. Bards try to avoid combat at all cost, so that the story can be passed on.)

Spell - Courage
-Primary - Speech
--Major - Sneak, Light Armor
---Minor - Illusion, Block, One-Handed

Monk - (Bringers of faith, truth, and peace, while they attempt to avoid a fight, the monk is no small kitten on the field of battle.)
-Primary - Sneak
--Major - Archery, Alteration
---Minor - Speech, Lock-picking, One-Handed

Pilgrim - (Travelers by nature, Pilgrims are always looking for a new place to explore, be it a holy temple, a falmer infested cave, or a cursed crypt.)
-Primary - One-Handed
--Major - Light Armor, Sneak
---Minor - Smithing, Enchanting, Speech

Thief - (Keep a good grip on your purse, because if you don't, it will be gone if a thief decides that it's now belongs to them.)
-Primary - Pickpocket
--Major - Lock-picking, Sneak
---Minor - Alchemy, Speech, One-Handed

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These may not be perfect, but it is just an outline at the moment...

Now, why don't I make this? Two reasons. One, I have no skill to mod. I've never tried to build a mod before, and I don't really plan on it. Two: Even if I did plan on it, I have no time. I'm in school right now, and even though it is summer, I still have classes due to the speed of my degree.

So, I'd love it if someone could, say help make this. Someone who has the skill and ability to craft a mod of this nature.

If there are any questions, I'll answer them to the best of my ability.

one: have you tried out mods that make the game harder by making the NPCs a bigger threat. most mods like the ones you have tried were built for people who are trying to make their game harder and more immersive.

two: as many modders I know say: "if you have time to play the game, you have time to mod"

three: creating what you have here shouldn't be hard, and would only take a couple months at the most to create. now i'm not saying it'd be easy, I just mean on comparison to other mods. in my opinion it'd be a good one to learn how to mod with.

four: modding is time consuming, just like college. I would know I have seven majors and sixteen minors, and I am trying to learn how to mod right now.

five: good luck on college friend.

One: Yes, I use Revenge of the Enemy, Ultimate Combat, and I used to use Deadly Combat, but I prefer Ultimate Combat. (I also use, on occasion, SkyRe) I use Deadly Dragon, Ultimate Dragon, Dragon's Diversified, Immersive Patrols, (just uninstalled OBIS and ASIS - Spawn Increase) and one of the hardest quest mods I've ever had the joy of playing, Dovahkriid - The Dragon Lords... which is brutal.

Two: There is a difference between modding and playing, and I honestly, would rather be playing.

Three: It wouldn't be to hard? Except for a person learning how to mod from the beginning, which is what I'd have to do. (I could give it a shot, I guess, but it's not really something I want to spend my time doing, honestly.)

Four: Yes, very time consuming. I have little time, on my accelerated pace. (I'm going after my bachelor's in under 2 years.)

Five: Thanks.

P.S.: If it isn't to hard, then quick question... what would I have to understand to build a mod like this?

Edited by RedGalaxy

one: okay just checking

two: some people honestly have fun modding, but my main point is you don't need to explain why you don't do it yourself. unless you are asking for the easiest possible thing to do, it doesn't really matter and tends to come off as your too lazy to do it (I don't mean you personally) and are just coming up with excuses. sometimes people don't want to mod and that is fine we don't need to know why. we're cool people in general. (also thanks for the heavy description of what you want most don't put this much time into it)

three: I meant on comparison to making something like UCO. you're only changing stats and abilities (in other words cosmetic stuff) which only involves adding and removing of things. this would be a good starting mod for any new modder who wants to try scripting type mods.

four: dang man I know the feeling im only twenty its hard to get so much done in two years, but kudos for the effort.

reply: it would be basic scripting, leveled lists adjusting, script adjusting (this is different from just basic scripting), and patience... theres a couple other things, but I don't know there proper names.