Nvidia gtx400

Well a known manufacturing default that breaks all the 8600M's isn't about luck at all. Neither was the latest nvidia driver that burnt out 3 of my housemates GFX cards ;)

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you're thinking of buying a card try to stay away from the overclocked versions, they tend to bsod easy.

Hmm judging by the reviews you can pre order the gtx480 on newegg.ca.

I might check that out.

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127502&cm_re=GTX_480-_-14-127-502-_-Product

lol the reviews say it runs hot, I don't think i would have problem though.

They are probably designed to run that hot. If anything i will go with msi, since its the same make as my psu.

Hmm this review sounds promising

MSI GTX480 has exceeded my expectations so far and a worthwhile upgrade from gtx260. MSI Afterburner app. works well for O.C. and fan control. If the fan speed is left on auto, the card will reach 94c under heavy gaming. If however, you use the afterburner application to manually set fan speed at 70-80 % this results in temps around "78-80c", which imo is an acceptable noise/heat ratio.( this is in a well ventilated case with ambient temps @ 75f.

I could probably tweak it a little more then that.

I may have to get a gtx470, it has a lower heat to air ratio.

Not to mention cheaper to sli on.

---------------------------------------

Woot it idles around 40c is my case, in gaming mode around 65, not bad at all i say, managed to tweak it a little and its smoken fast. Heaven benchmarks are insane, tessellation woot.