Portal 2 announced

Monolithic0117

On March 5, in their press release, Valve officially announced Portal 2. It will be released this holiday season, and will be released simultaneously on Mac as well as PC, and presumably, consoles. Last week, an update was issued to Portal, which added an extended ending, cryptic radio transmissions, and a key to Valve's BBS system, which streamed even more mystifying ASCII art and text files. This seems to be a prelude to some spectacular Portal 2 marketing.

http://kotaku.com/5484157/valves-portal-pu...perture-science

http://kotaku.com/5486657/an-insiders-guide-to-portal-2

Valve's news page

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portal_2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully, Portal 2 will tighten up some of the connections made between Portal and Half-Life. Truth be told, I'm more interested in the story aspect than I am in the gameplay- it'll be a blast, I'm sure (the first one was too), but I'd like to know more about where Aperture fits into the larger puzzle. I don't see Valve giving up that information without a double-release, at least not after certain revelations towards the end of Episode 2.

I really wouldn't be surprised if they did pull another multiple release. It's just that, since they haven't posted much about EP3 yet (besides "we're working on it" and some concept art), all we poor gamers can do is wait and cross our fingers. We know it's coming; they won't abandon the franchise that made them famous. My money's on a "Insert Color Here Box" just like last time around.

I'd hope, however, that the weapon progression this time involves a bit more kaboom a bit quicker. It's starting to feel silly having to go and re-gather the entire arsenal every time Gordon trips and knocks his head on something.

Meh not buying it, because its not coming to ps3 :( .

----------------------------------------

news article states

Despite the original Portal appearing on Sony's home video game console, Valve's Doug Lombardi has said that the same won't hold true with the sequel.

According to Eurogamer, Lombardi has confirmed that the recently-announced Portal 2 will be heading for Xbox 360 and PC only. No reason given but hopefully we'll find out why in the next Game Informer issue, which carries a feature on the game.

Portal's PS3 version was released as part of the Orange Box. Development of this version wasn't handled by Valve but was instead outsourced to EA.

-----------------------------------------

"Out sourced", or don't have the funds, or just to lazy to learn the ps3.

Can't stand steam.