Windows 7 not user friendly

Cyanidepuppet

The proper .ini file will always be located in the user folder that will automatically be created when you set up your user during the Win7 install. It creates it in the C:\ drive and not on your D:\ drive.

Look for C:\users\user name\my documents\my games\fallout3.

Where user name is the name you signed on with

Have you ever started Fallout Launcher (eg. from the DVD) so Fallout will actually detect your hardware and

automatically create your ini?

The proper .ini file will always be located in the user folder that will automatically be created when you set up your user during the Win7 install. It creates it in the C:\ drive and not on your D:\ drive.

Look for C:\users\user name\my documents\my games\fallout3.

Where user name is the name you signed on with

It seems you are seeking the ini inside the game installation folder. That Fallout_default.ini is the template that is used to create the "actual" Fallout.ini and should not be messed.

The correct ini you can tweak is ALWAYS where pointed by bben46. In 7 the easier way to get to it is just opening "Computer" (you may have it's icon on the desktop or access it from the Start on taskbar. From there just go: (Libraries) Documents, My Games, Fallout3 and you are done.

Got Fallout to work by a secend storage of fallout 3 folders in my regular C drive.

I did it with both the regulare Fallout.ini and the Fallout_default.ini which you dont need to do so i changed it back.

Working on mods now...

Thnx to replys i finally figured it out a couple of days ago but i have been thumbing threw mods.. Theres alot of them, which is good =]