NifSkope Low Res This Machine

So i used nifskope to open This Machine and got a strangely low res texture, but didn't think of it because it was my first time using it. Can anybody explain why this machine is viewed with such a bad texture

Then it tried to make a weapon (http://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/56309/?) and the weapon works fine it just again has a really low res texture and it would be nice if someone could explain why.

Edited by kickbuttpwnr

Nifskope probably uses whatever render settings you card applies by default when not launching games or other specific 3D graphics applications. Look and see what settings you have applied globally be default. Otherwise, Nifskope uses the very same filepaths that the game does unless the user defines an alternate path. What you see is what you get.

Well I guess it doesn't contain it, it only points to it in the NIF. Anyways not really an expert on this, but if you go in the GECK search WeapNVBattleRifleUnique, you'll find the Object Base for "This Machine" and in the Art and Sound tab you'll see an option to choose the model and an option for 1st person model object. Though I am unsure how this points to the higher resolution texture as the 1st person model just points to the NIF.

the strange thing is every other gun i look at looks as it should, except for this machine which i find odd

EDIT - Scratch that a few also look really muddy

EDIT 2 - I fix it i just had to allocate the correct textures on the rifle

Edited by kickbuttpwnr